Atari Emulation

Seraptin

Staff member
Website
Visit site
hi,
i have the atari800 emu 4 gp32 but i really dont know what to do after i start the .fxe :(
do i need a bios or something like that ??? like for castaway ?

plz help

You need several bios files, if you download the full version of the emulator you get them too.

You really need 5200.rom, ataribas.rom, atariosa.rom, atariosb.rom, atarixl.rom.

and you put them in the os folder i.e.:

gpmm>a800>os>5200.rom

Then get some games (.atr) and put them in the 'disk' folder.

Then simply start the emu and use the menu to select the game you want.

Read the documentation that comes with the emu and you'll see where everything goes.

By the way the Atari 800 was my first computer so I personally think it is the most under rated emu on the GP32.

Er .... does this emu play Atari 5200 games as well as .atr games?

TelcoLou posted on Sep 9 2004 at 11:07 PM said:
Er .... does this emu play Atari 5200 games as well as .atr games?

Yes it plays all atari 5200 games. Only a few are unplayable due to the original system's analog stick(they still run though). There is no digital interpolation for that yet., but most games were digital in design so they work perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suh-WEEEEET!!!

Thank you. You know, I love this little white wonder more and more every day! :D

thx, i never had a atari myself but i really want to try it :p
the most games i play on my gp32 are atariST and commodore games :D
really like them ..

How can I get in touch with the guy who wrote the Atari 800 emulator? It's great and I've started running it lots, but I wanted to suggest he made some buttons configgurable. The B button should be space like Frodo, but if he used L&R for the menu, then we could assign keys for the L and R buttons according to what we were playing. I'm playing Dropzone and need to press the Space and C keys in a hurry - Damn it's hard without the cloak or strata bomb!

®

Back