Atari 800 Emulator

Angel

"Nobody's gay for Moleman"
Website
www.brutallyhonestgaming.com
MAJOR AND FINAL EDITING

Ok, i have all the different folders in my Gpmm folder under a800. I have all 5 os files in my os folder, i have one 5200 rom in my rom folder to use for test.

I finally got the menu files, but i can't get 5200 games to work, i got galaxian, moon patrol, millipede, star wars, and pac man. None work. i just get a crash error no matter what i chose. What am i doing wrong??? This is way to complicated than what it should be.

Angel posted on Apr 17 2006 at 09:00 PM said:
not one person can help me?
Should just work. It will auto-select the 5200 system when you "insert 5200 cartridge".

What exactly are you trying?

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
i've tried Galaxian, i've tried pac-man, i've tried moon patrol then i just gave up. I tried the 800 version of Rally X which was an exe file, that did not work either. I went on the authors web site and tried to download it from there but the link is broke, it said it had everything with it plus a couple games. The version that is in in the file archives comes with nothing, i had to find everything seperate and to even get the menu to work took me an hour finally i got version 7's menus since i could find nothing with version 8.

Angel posted on Apr 18 2006 at 01:55 PM said:
i've tried Galaxian, i've tried pac-man, i've tried moon patrol then i just gave up. I tried the 800 version of Rally X which was an exe file, that did not work either. I went on the authors web site and tried to download it from there but the link is broke, it said it had everything with it plus a couple games. The version that is in in the file archives comes with nothing, i had to find everything seperate and to even get the menu to work took me an hour finally i got version 7's menus since i could find nothing with version 8.

Angel - Where have you put the files ?

From memory these need to go into specific folders in specific areas of the card (i think under roms/atari but would need to check my machine which i dont have easy access to right now).

I do remember having problems with it until i got the folder structure correct so if you can post what your current structure is maybe someone can help.

my structure is the same as the zipped file i downloaded and the same as the 15 other help topics regarding the atari 800 emu, but the file i downloaded did not have any files other than the folders and .fxe, i had to search for everything else and i wonder if one of those files is old or something and not causing it to work. I know the 5200 roms need to go in the roms folders and so forth.

Angel posted on Apr 19 2006 at 03:31 AM said:
my structure is the same as the zipped file i downloaded and the same as the 15 other help topics regarding the atari 800 emu, but the file i downloaded did not have any files other than the folders and .fxe, i had to search for everything else and i wonder if one of those files is old or something and not causing it to work. I know the 5200 roms need to go in the roms folders and so forth.

Can I suggest using this block of stuff to start with? Too many variables with all those other bits you've downloaded.
http://www.scrameta.net/a800/0.8/atari800_parts.tar.bz2

If you can scroll around on the menu then you've got further than some. If you escape out (left trigger) does it go to basic or self test even?

Thanks,

Mark

edit: Seems that link is dead. Think it is a problem with the ISP, having a word with them. Should be avaiable tomorrow!
edit2: In the meantime try http://87.74.30.25/a800/0.8/atari800_parts.tar.bz2

got almost everything to work. now i only need help with 5200 support.

I downloaded a couple of games that i've played to try out and cannot get them to work, how do you set up the GP32 for 5200? It seems when i run 5200 games its still stuck in 800 computer mode so i have no way of starting the games.

GOT IT TO WORK!!!OMFG THIS EMU RULES

Thank you so much Foft, i must've had some old file from piecing together the folders and stuff that didn't allow the emu to work properly.

Angel posted on Apr 20 2006 at 11:58 PM said:
got almost everything to work. now i only need help with 5200 support.

Yeah sorry its a bit of a pain to set up. I improved it in the latest one (I think), but thats GP2X only so far...

As for 5200 you are right you need to select the system as a 5200. There should be a menu option that says "select system" or something similar.

Thanks,

Mark

edit: 5200 support is pretty crappy in 0.8. DaveC got me to do some control improvements after this, but I have to update the version for GP32. Maybe this W/E if I can be bothered;-)

Back