ATARI 5200

C

CocoCreekFisherman

Are there any atari 5200 emulators out there? Seem to have all other atari emulators .

Please advise.

Last edited:
http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=atari800-app

Description:

Atari800 is an Atari 800, 800XL, 130XE and 5200 emulator for Unix, Amiga, MS-DOS, Atari TT/Falcon, SDL and WinCE.

give it a try
Hmmm harder than I thought. got a bunch of samples which play well..Not 5200 though. Tried to create folder>appdata a52 then renamed .ataria52.cfg, then renamed roms but none work for me.

Not using basic.

Please advise.

Last edited:
I will report this to you:

Very familiar interface w/2 files included = defender.bin and zaxxon.a52.,,the .bin file runs but it is a 800 rom... zaxxon no boot..renamed to .bin but 'rom not loaded'. Then went to appdata>[created new folder]= 5200 roms, no success. ANy other game file in original appdata>rom folder that is 5200 game will not run....zip,.bin,a52, or w/ file name shortened/renamed.

Also noted I used both interfaces/atari menus to try to run.

Please advise if possible.

Last edited:
http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=atari800-app

Description:

Atari800 is an Atari 800, 800XL, 130XE and 5200 emulator for Unix, Amiga, MS-DOS, Atari TT/Falcon, SDL and WinCE.

give it a try
Hmmm harder than I thought. got a bunch of samples which play well..Not 5200 though. Tried to create folder>appdata a52 then renamed .ataria52.cfg, then renamed roms but none work for me.

Not using basic.

Please advise.
Figured this out. Thanks for your guidance. My mechanics were incorrect. Forgot I had to eject and insert cart per rom :wacko:  . .a52 for 5200 and .bin for 800 work fine. Sometimes it gets problematic to know if a 5200 rom is a 2 chip or 1 chip cart. 

worked very well...thanks. I actually like this emulator better than the other Atari 800 one. 

Last edited:
Don't forget the other two Atari 5200 emulators on the repo:). I recently improved 5200 controls on my atari800 port and the raw atari++ port also works to some degree.

Back