Astonisia Coming To Us Psps

shinneri

Certified Guru
Website
www.gpnewbie.com
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6142307.html

Ubisoft picks up Korean PSP RPG

French publisher to bring Astonishia Story to the world, starting with a March release in the US, first screens inside.

After a slow start, the lineup of role-playing games on Sony's PSP looks to be nicely filled out in the coming year. New installments in the Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, Namco's Tales series, Suikoden, and Shin Megami Tensei series have all been announced, but Ubisoft is betting there's still room for at least one newcomer to the group.

Today the publisher announced that it has reached an agreement with Korea-based Sonnori Corporation to release Astonishia Story around the world (excluding Japan and Korea). Said to be "a rich and simple experience" by Ubisoft, the game casts players in the role of a royal knight charged with recovering a sacred relic. Assisting the knight on his quest will be wizards and "many other mysterious allies."

Ubisoft will release the game on American shores first in March. There is no word yet on when Ubi hopes to release the game in the other regions covered by the deal.

Well, we have a translation now, guys. :rolleyes: I might be picking this up. :)

too bad its coming out on the PSP, it looks more to be suited for the DS. You know the look, the I'm a DS game capable of at least N64 graphics, but look no better than GBA. Yeah, thats what this game looks like. I would have thought at least a graphics boost, but then again, how much can you possibly boost 2d?

too bad its coming out on the PSP, it looks more to be suited for the DS. You know the look, the I'm a DS game capable of at least N64 graphics, but look no better than GBA. Yeah, thats what this game looks like. I would have thought at least a graphics boost, but then again, how much can you possibly boost 2d?
I don't think it's suited to either console. Both could handle the graphics, but the DS's dual screen and stylus abilities will surely go to waste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I just started on AS for psp. Everything looks similar to ASR (story wise I think, has same location, same cutscenes). The music and sound effects has been revamped, more colorful sprites, more detailed characters (possilby due to psp resolution), smoother sprite animation and more sprite animations, detailed outside environments (clouds with shadows, mountain details, etc.), has one of those fade-in battle sequences.
I still prefer the old music for gp32, but I will be back with more details, hopefully.

Back