Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No !

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I'm not sure...

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I don't care !

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

I would love to see Pandora 2 to have have proper opensource drivers. However, my guess is that they will use whatever recent SoC they can get their hands on, probably from TI I'm afraid.

Is this one useful yet though? Unless you want to stare at basic geometry all day, I don't see much use of those drivers (yet).

We need a SOC with a nice GPU that actually has working stable drivers... Having options would be good, but those mali GPU drivers are not even close to being included in the tainted pile.

Like i say in a previus post, there are a lot of new economic chinese soc that works very very good! Actually there are 2 intersting SoC that works fast and have open drivers (and also various integrated controller like sd, usb, hdmi, ecc...:

Amlogic8726-M6: dual core cortex a9 with "dual" core mali 400 (400 mhz)

RockChip 3066: dual core cortex a9 with "quad" core mali 400 (266 mhz)

Both should have similar performance with some difference graphic wise (the amlogic should render more triangles per second but have a lower fillrate

than the rockchip one)

Last edited by a moderator:
as long as the GPU and memory provides enough fillrate proportional to the screen's possibly higher resolution.

that's what's going to matter.

Back