Arm Chips To Run Adobe Flash 10 And Air

There were already three threads on this matter merged in off topic:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=45300

Maybe a Mod should merge the fourth, too and let it stay in General Talk to prevent further spawns. I don't search in off topic, either, so that's a good explanation, why there are so many new threads, maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
And now this is merged in as well.

I'm leaving it in off-topic, since it really doesn't affect the Pandora. Not yet, anyway :)

If the cost were prohibitive, why not allow donations to be accepted, much like the DevFund. Make a 'FlashFund' and allow donations to be submitted. Keep the cost down, or make it an open donation structure, and any overflow can apply towards the devfund? Just tossing out some ideas.

AireTamStorm said:
Why wouldn't it be free?
Username said:
Why wouldn't it be free?
a glitch in the Matrix? Or just typing without reading? :) I see the following answer: "the next major versions of Flash Player and AIR for devices are royalty free as part of the Open Screen Project. However, a license (contract) still needs to be in place between Adobe and the licensee.".

I see this as more of a "flash based engine". Its still going to need a gui for each arm system it is ported to, as each will have different user interfaces, different ways of human interface, cpu power, screen resolution/etc, and I'm guessing that the gui will need to approval before allowing to be distributed along with the adobe library, to ensure it's consistant enough with other devices, so will only be able to be executable via a company, rather than someone in there bedroom creating an open source project.

But I'm just guessing of course, we'll have to see what appears in 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be sweet to have. I despise the use of flash in websites and generally think that it's an abomination if used in menus but as there is things like youtube and flashgames I can see the definite advantages of having flash supported. Also it would be nice for the people who don't mind surfing (terribly slow, buggy and annoying ^^) websites utilizing flash for navigation or similar.

I suppose the first flash we will see on Pandora will be a 'leaked' version from the N8x0 series devices(flash 9).
Flash 10 will take a while until it is available.

Back