Are We Now Part Of Openpandora?

christo930

I wanted to check a post I put on openpandora.org while gp32x.de was closed and when I click on forums it takes you to the pandora section of gp32x.de. Are we a part of them now? Is that the price of being hosted by them? What happened to the forums there?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
No, gp32x.de is and has always been independent.
It's now hosted on the same (my) servers, but it doesn't have anything to do with OpenPandora.org.

All the guys behind the Pandora were long before on these boards, that's why we first didn't want to start our own boards but keep these ones here (where the community feels at home).

We started our own ones just because these boards had problems, now that it's back and alive, most stuff will happen here again, so we simply link to the boards here :)

The other forum is still online though, if anybody wants to visit it or check for posts that happened here during the downtime. Those are www.openhandhelds.org

Last edited:
PoisonedV posted on May 16 2009 at 12:33 AM said:
haha, oh wow. conspiracies already :rolleyes:
Actually what ED said makes a great deal of sense, people will know gp32x.de is back up. The only way to know is to ask, right?

Clicking Forums from the front page of Openpandora gives you the choice of linking to this forum or Openhandhelds.

Clicking on Forums while in the blog takes you directly to these forums. that's the way it's been for months. Other than being hosted on EDs servers (and hopefully never suffering the problems that we suffered before and new graphics) there shouldn't be any difference from the old GP32x.

Alpha2 posted on May 16 2009 at 07:44 AM) Clicking Forums from the front page of Openpandora gives you the choice of linking to this forum or Openhandhelds. Clicking on Forums while in the blog takes you directly to these forums. that's the way it's been for months. Other than being hosted on EDs servers (and hopefully never suffering the problems that we suffered before and new graphics said:
there shouldn't be any difference from the old GP32x.
That's odd, for me that behaviour changed about a week ago. When I click on the forums tab while in the blog, I am sent to openhandhelds.org.

/grydholt

I'd forgotten about that little issue, because I just use my own bookmarks. Looks like there are still conflicting links on the site. One page sends you to Openhandhelds, another to GP32X, another to the interstitial page (this). No wonder people are getting confused.

First, it's good to be back onto this board, I've missed it and I don't wanted to join the openpandora.org-board

servers, but it doesn't have anything to do with OpenPandora.org.
Does this mean, if the servers are down, EVERY Forum (german board, gp32x and openhandhelds.org) is down?

Well, depending on what breaks :)
If the server totally breaks down (which shouldn't happen, it has a raid, redundant power, etc.), then yes, they will be down.
If it acts up and I can access the data somehow, it takes about an hour to move everything to one of my other servers and redirect everything there.

ED/Craig - you need to fix the openpandora.org->forum links again. They both now link to forum.openpandora.org instead of linking to here.

Back