Archos 7 Home Tablet Is Crap.

rsuryase

I just got Archos 7 Home Tablet because my old Archos 7 HD died. I thought both would have same performance but no, Archos 7 HT is a slow device with poor video playback performance. I feel the addition of the Android OS maybe the cause of the inferior performance. I'm gonna fix my old Archos 7 and return this cheap crap.

rsuryase said:
I just got Archos 7 Home Tablet because my old Archos 7 HD died. I thought both would have same performance but no, Archos 7 HT is a slow device with poor video playback performance. I feel the addition of the Android OS maybe the cause of the inferior performance. I'm gonna fix my old Archos 7 and return this cheap crap.

Yours is the second bad review on the Archos 7 Home Tablet I've read. Since Android sprints and really works terrific on my Moonse E-7001 iRobot I tend to doubt that's a software problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just downloaded a few CPU benchmark and system info apps and all report the same thing.
ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)
BogoMIPS 99.73
According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BogoMips, this means 99.73 / 0.50 = 200MHz

The Odroid on the other hand reports
ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)
BogoMIPS 665.19
So it's 665 MHz ?

Kinda both. I've been researching them, it's underspeced and Archos didn't spend much time at all developing the software. There's a reason it's $100 less than Archos 5, it's not aimed at power users in the slightest.

Back