Archon

pubzombie

Hi Guys
remember the old classic Archon. well there is a new version in development and they have shown an interest in a pandora version. we could really do with a gp2x version that looks and plays like the original too.

i loved this game

http://www.archonclassic.com/

hi there,
no I haven't tried it on dosbox. in fact I haven't tried dosbox since I got my gp2x. I tried and found it really intimidating to set up. if anybody can help me or point me in the right direction to getting it running for archon ultra I would be gratefull. I have tended to try and work on one emu at a time until I have learnt what to do to play several games at a decent fps etc. can I use dosbox and srchon with the cradle and tv and joypads etc? cheers guys
PZ

pubzombie said:
hi there,
no I haven't tried it on dosbox. in fact I haven't tried dosbox since I got my gp2x. I tried and found it really intimidating to set up. if anybody can help me or point me in the right direction to getting it running for archon ultra I would be gratefull. I have tended to try and work on one emu at a time until I have learnt what to do to play several games at a decent fps etc. can I use dosbox and srchon with the cradle and tv and joypads etc? cheers guys
PZ
Really its not that bad if you take a little time to do it right. Ive provided an example for duke 1.
3 files are needed nameofgame.gpe, dosbox.conf, and mapper.txt.
Check the readme on how to install dosbox to your sd card (easier if put in sd/dosbox)
Put the game under the dosbox folder, copy the duke files into the game folder.
rename the gpe, change paths and exe name in the gpe and dosbox.conf
try to run the gpe file
If it runs and it should all you have left is to tweak the controls and performace items.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys. ok thanx I will give it a go when I get home. a homebrew archon would be excellent though and really compliment Chaos and xcom. I don't mind paying for quality and supporting the freedom the gp2x gives us.
cheers
pz

I enjoyed Adept too, but I think Archon has that little extra nostalgia factor. I saved up my pocket money and brought it when I was on my first visit to London when I was a wee boy. I practicaly ran around the natural history museum after to drag the family home as quick as possible

Klepto said:
Am I the only person who preferred the sequel?
Nope. I prefer Adept aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back