Anyone working on anything

christo930

I have been playing with my GP32 and I was wondering if anyone is working on anything for it? I for one, think it's still quite capable of delivering new and innovative content.

Chris

Slaanesh wants to port Temper to GP32 and he has had the source for a while but he might not want to do much with it until I've tackled 240x320 output on it. I have to do this on the Wiz sooner or later so when I have that done I'll send him the updated code.

Exophase said:
Slaanesh wants to port Temper to GP32 and he has had the source for a while but he might not want to do much with it until I've tackled 240x320 output on it. I have to do this on the Wiz sooner or later so when I have that done I'll send him the updated code.

Just wondering, what is the latest on the long awaited update for the GP2X? Looks like I'll be keeping my GP2X and not buying a Wiz for the foreseeable future.

I'm anxiously awaiting an XD -> SMC adapter (DealExtremes, but 2 weeks in and they've not even shipped yet :/) so I can fire up my GP32 again :)

jeff

hirolaser said:
Just wondering, what is the latest on the long awaited update for the GP2X? Looks like I'll be keeping my GP2X and not buying a Wiz for the foreseeable future.

I was going to release it with the Wiz version too, but technically nothing is holding it back anymore. In reality there are still some things I'd like to work on, like fixes for Popful Mail and some minor problems in games like Final Soldier but incorporating these things into the ARM core is pretty tricky.

Would also like to have SGX support one day, and would probably still be trying for OGG decode on the second CPU if I thought it was even really that necessary.

hmmm...... that sounds great. I've had my GP32 out regularly for the past month, giana's return would be most welcome, if possible.

It's greater there is even a GP32 section here :)
Seriously, my favorite handheld, maybe nostalgy.
I'd like to work on something but it died on me.
It's 5 years since I got it. I played a lot of stuff overclocked and so maybe the CPU couldn't handle it over 5 years? I just get a blank white screen and it doesn't boot up.
I am thinking to get another one (maybe a BLU+) from ebay soonish.

slaanesh said:
re: Temper for the GP32.

Yes, I've compiled it up however there are still quite a few things to do. I have a .fxe but it's in a non-working state still.

I wanted to do a natively rotated version for the Wiz, so that it could be useful for the GP32 build. Unfortunately I can't work on that yet :/

Back