Anyone Want To Buy The Rights To All Of Acclaims Games?

$50,000? That's like... £27,000! Sure, I'd pay that amount of money just to open source the lot... [/sarcasm]

This don't cover the source, just the rights to distro the version for sale. The best your get is some iso's
So if you buy Wetrix for gba then your only be allowed to sell Wetrix for gba. Your not be allowed change or port it to anything else.

I guess I'm a little late for this, but ...
All of the estates right, title and interest, if any, to the Debtor's remaining Video and Computer Games and related Intellectual Property
to me means that source code is included.

And this footnote ...
No intellectual property rights related to Alias may be transferred without the prior written consent of Disney Interactive, Inc. and Disney Interactive, Inc. has not consented to any such transfer. The debtor (Acclaim) possesses certain computer code and other rights to the Alias games which do not constitute Disney Interactive, Inc's. intellectual property.
means that you would have rights to use all the others.

:blink: $50000? just to register? :blink: Too rich for my tastes. :rolleyes:

the $50,000 is only the deposit you have to pay before you are even allowed to bid for it.

Most of those games suck. Sports games there takes up like 75% of the list. Plus, all the cool games on there like bubble bobble, and ecco the dolphin are only like remakes of the originals o_O

No one wold buy that crap :)

Has this been slashdotted?
Maybe a group of that size could get enough in donations to open source them all.

Seeing as how the auction doesn't seem to be going so well .. up to now :rolleyes:

Back