anyone like punk rock?

maxxdoutvdub

Still Fresh
just curious... anyone like old punk rock? like the exploited, crass, uk subs and such? im a big fan of open source, i grew up in a not so nice town, i like bash and python, i sang in a hardcore band for a while. i know we have a age diverse user base for the most part. any other weird animals like me out there?.. if so, what obscure punk music drives you to do dumb things with computers?

I like german Punkrockbands like WIZO, Beatsteaks, Die Ärzte and Die toten Hosen.

Not much honestly, though I do rather like Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones.

I will always regard myself as a Punk (at least in spirit) my image has certainly mellowed over time.. the mindset/punk ethos perhaps not quite so much, as my significant other & kids will probably attest to.. just a little namedropping story for you, i used to live literally across the road from John Lydon's dad in Finsbury Park, London & used to occasionally go to the shops for him as he wasn't very well at the time.. and on several occasions met John when he used to visit.. sorry if this disappoints you, but he was/is a thoroughly decent bloke who was always willing to chat with me (he also has a fantastic sense of humour)

..and don't forget the 'first' (and arguably) the best punk track..

https://www.youtube.com/embed/p5o3NFnyM4g?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Never really liked punk, but without it we'd probably would never have had The Specials and the whole 2-Tone escapades, so I tip my hat to Messrs. Strummer and Rotten.

I've been listening to 'Young Marble Giants' a lot recently but I understand that to be Post-Punk. Also, a bit of 'The Wire'. Anyone here into XTC?

I'm more into post-punk: pil, this heat, throbbing gristle, DNA, sonic youth.

But I do like some of the early punk too like the clash, the germs, sex pistols, the bags, / the stooges, MC5, velvet underground (really early)

I think I am more of multi genre person to be honest.

Back