Anyone Know What This Portable Device Is ???

KoH

16_1_bl.JPG

All-in-one Player: Portable Digital Camara/Camcorder, mp3/mp4 player, mini games console, records from TV, ...

This twin-speaker player comes with 25 FREE Games (RRP£19.99) in an SD Card!

3 Mega Pixels Digital Camara/Camcorder, can be used as a Webcam!
512Mb internal Memory, can be used with an SD/MMC Card up to 2Gb
3" TFT-LCD: 320*240 pixels, 30f/s, 260k colours display
Expansion Slot For SD/MMC Card, U-Disk Function
Video Support: Play network movies, MPG, MPEG I II IV, Convert CD, VCD & DVD, ASF,MPEG4, AVI
144 Hours Audio Recording (mp3, 512Mb)
Video Recording (AV in) and video output (AV out)
Audio Support: MP3, WMA, WMV 32-384 Kbps
Built-in TWIN Loud Speakers
Customised starting-up picture, supports JPG, BMP, TIFF, GIF & EXIF2.1
ID3 supported: Songs and Video title & info display - Lyrics & caption synchronization display
Record Function: Record Video & Audio from TV, video camera, Record Voice via built-in Microphone
6 EQ modes and 2 A-B Repeat loop modes
Display of game, time and perpetual calendar
TV Support: TV in/out (PAL/NTSC)
Power: Built-In 1800mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, Up to 10 hours play or 6 hours continuous play.
Size: 133 x 60 x 16mm
Weight: 120g
Output Frequency: 20 Hz to 20KHz
Output distortion: <0.1%
Voice Sampling Frequency: 8, 16, 24, 32, 48 KHz
Earphone Output Power: 5mW + 5mW (32Ω)
Signal / Noise Ration: 85dB
Record Format: .asf
Video Format: .asf
Photo Format: JPEG
Temp: -5 to 40ºC

I cant find a name or any more spec's, all i can see is this ebay link. It seems pretty dam cheap, id love to know what type of games it plays, and if anything could be done with it emulation wise.

Im after a cheap mp3 player, i already have a 2GB card so this seems ok, it has tv in/out aswell so its like added bonus at no real extra cost

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-TFT-MP3-MP4-Player...1QQcmdZViewItem

well thats a pretty neat device. I was going to say its one of the tons of unreleased Chinese pmps, but can't since its on sale at ebay. But your right, doesn't say who the manufacturer is or what kind of games and i don't care enough about it to ask the seller.

Sunplus

Not much info around about it but the company that make it have a website which doesnt say much either ;) although they apparently are a big worldwide company

If i pick one up tommorrow il take some pictures and make a little review.

I live only a couple of miles from the seller, maby he will let me have a look before i buy

This could be good for gbc, nes, ngpc, wonderswan, sms, gg, gen(?), and homebrew would be awesome. :)

what is this about?

Temp: -5 to 40ºC

is it a cooler and an oven too?

And what kind of power does this thing have? All i see is sound output, don't see what the processor does unless i completely missed it.

I sent a email to the seller asking for the full system spec's, although im not sure if he will know or not. I also asked if I can collect it if i hit the buy it now button, if this is ok with him/her I will have one of these in my hands (hopefully) tommorrow, cant wait to see whats inside.

If its not usfull for emulators it will still be an ok mp3/video player/recorder and at the price it is i wont be losing out atall.

I've had a look around all the old gbax sources where we used to go for things like this in China, I can't find that exact device, although there are quite a few out there which are similar, none are that cheap though - even with smaller screens.

So I'm really looking forward to seeing the results now!

Not a single thing in that manual about processor speed or operating system. Shame, the device seems rather tits. Just means that we'll need someone who really knows how to make this thing tick to get anything out of it :)

I have a similar PMP already, just bought it in the Tax free zone in Iquique, Chile.
Its from Sunplus too and has the same features but a smaller screen and only a 2 MPx cam. Quite sweet IMO. Will post a review when i tested all features. I mainly bought it for the AV recording.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back