Anyone Here Into R/c?

krosfyah

Syntax Error
Website
Visit site
I've had a few cars in the past but I always wanted a helicopter. So I finally decided to take the plunge and ordered the one in the pic below. I've been reading up as much as possible while I'm waiting for it and am now almost too scared to fly it after hearing all the horror stories about crashes and how hard helicopters are to control :blink:

200606venom6ac7.jpg

Venom Night Ranger II

It looks tiny in the pic but the blades are about 20" long.

Does anyone have any experience with helis? Or any R/C enthusiasts in general?

I've flown an RC plane before. It was a- a cheap one and b- didn't survive a crash from 100 feet up very well. I don't have an RC plane anymore, and I really haven't felt the need to get another one... <_<

I'm more into cars, but I've got a Heli just like the one you've got pictured. Am I right in thinking it is an indoor/no wind design? Anyway - I've never really bothered to set mine up properly - I just tried to fly it and it was f. hard. I got it off the ground a few times, but it's not like a car where you can let go and it just stops! :cool: I'm going to give mine a bit more time when the weather warms up a bit.

I'd recommend getting a trainer kit - the extended legs with ping pong balls on the ends. Without that mine would just be a pile of small parts by now...

Also - try flying some simulators...

Good luck!

I'm sorry I know nothing about helping you out regarding heli's. What this did do though was remind me about two really cool R/C videos i've seen this year. You may want to consider these for your next vehicles....

Hovercraft that flies in the air and zips around on the grass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNVVTQaXSvc

Plane that is equipped with a pan tilt camera that the pilot can control via a gyro built into VR goggles:
http://www.therawfeed.com/2006/09/vr-gear-...oolest-toy.html

These are some wickedly awesome toys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got one of the flying boat things, and it is also f. hard to fly. In fact mines currently got a broken tail. Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to repair. It's got a brushless motor and it is very powerful! Maybe I should have practiced with a two channel plane first...

well during my last summer holidays from work i went a bit mad with r/c stuff. Got a 4 channel electric R/C plane wich i built but kept putting off takin it out then one day when i was drunk some of my friends talked me into takin it out and i was doing ok then crashed it but it seemd ok then my friend crashe dit and it was quite badly damaged. I planned on tryin to fix it but its completly smached to bits now :(.

Heres a pic before it died

Also got a 7 channel electric helicopter and while i was waiting for it to arrive i got a 2 channel one to practice with. The 2 ch. broke very easily it woudlnt fly very well atall. The 7 ch. Is far to scary! :( I couldnt get it to work for ages but it was this button on it then on the controller that gets it to work and i nearly shat myself as it is so powerful and i dont know how to control it.

Heres a pic i just took of the big helicopter that im too scared to fly.

I got a nitro buggy too but that is in bits as i crashed it too much and i cant get the engine to work anymore :(. Got a electric boat wich was ok but i wanted a faster one so got a nitro one but i never got that workin and now it is sittin in my shed :(.

You should get the micro helicopter form play.com i got myself one at christmas it was great untill i crashed it over 100 times and it broke !

Hey that looks pretty cool. 7ch is definitely too scary for me though, mine is only 4ch and I'm still crapping it (it's due to arrive in the morning :eek: )

If I can't get a handle on it then I'll probably get myself a Micro Mosquito to play around with inside the house. The video makes it look rather awesome.

I used to be right into R/C planes. When I was young, before 'Ready To Fly' kits became the norm, I would spend weeks/months building R/C planes.
I went flying regularly to our local club and was taught to fly by some really experienced older guys. As a result I've never seriously crashed a plane, just a heavy landing or two. This was all > 20 yrs ago though.

Recently I saw one of these Parkzone Focke Wulf 190 and I just had to have it.

It's one of those 'Almost Ready to Fly' types, so I constructed it 3 months ago and still haven't flown it.

Everytime I want to it's been way to windy as the thing is really quite light.

Anyway, I might have to take the plunge one day, have a beer to calm the nerves and go flying again! :)

I used to be right into R/C planes. When I was young, before 'Ready To Fly' kits became the norm, I would spend weeks/months building R/C planes.
I went flying regularly to our local club and was taught to fly by some really experienced older guys. As a result I've never seriously crashed a plane, just a heavy landing or two. This was all > 20 yrs ago though.

Recently I saw one of these Parkzone Focke Wulf 190 and I just had to have it.

It's one of those 'Almost Ready to Fly' types, so I constructed it 3 months ago and still haven't flown it.

Everytime I want to it's been way to windy as the thing is really quite light.

Anyway, I might have to take the plunge one day, have a beer to calm the nerves and go flying again! :)

that should be a heartwarming movie...........

Last edited by a moderator:
that parkzone plane looks very similar to the one i have pictured above. I think mine was a chinese rip off of some other make of plane and also my helicopter.

subcon i wouldnt buy that mosquito one. Get this one from PLAY ----->HERE It was great but i lost a bit of it that ccame flying off and since my room is such a mess i cannot find it. I actually think im goin to buy myself another one !

Oh and its not the 7 ch that scares me its teh power that comes from it ! I actually first got it to start up in teh house once and nearly smashed everything !

Ahh R/C cars. I use to be into this stuff long time ago. I use to race, jump ramps, and death cage with friends, fraekn awesome. I had a Traxxis off road truck and and a WRX Rally HPI car. The truck is damaged galore from all the bashing but its the champ and thats all that matters. :)

Back