Anyone Got Need For Speed Underground Rivals

eh... not to ruin your hopes, but you can look at any of the 100's of screenshots of NFS Rivals on the 'net and clearly see it's not quite up to par with it's PS2 counterpart. That's not to say it doesn't look good, just not quite AS good. I think the play mechanics will be quite different from Underground 2 as well, which bites, Underground 2 definately one of the better racing games recently, with the ability to drive all over the HUGE city and pick your fights, so to speak. Kotd you were the guy who bought my PSP right? Glad to hear you're enjoying it so much... I was buying games like crazy too but have decided to lay off until the US one comes out and start getting English games. You lucky bastard though you got my bright screen :( Metal Gear Acid is a BITCH to play on this newer model PSP with it's dimmer screen.... Konami really needs to wise up about making it's games brighter... they had the same damn problem back on the GBA (remember Castlevania Circle of the Moon???).

Bast525- How do you tell if you have a newer screen? I play Metal Gear Acid on medium brightness and it seems ok. The price sticker on my PSP box says January 3 2005 my PSP was purchased on. Is my PSP the one with a bright screen? And, do you got any PSP games you would sell?

PSP came today, I have to say it is the best handheld I've ever owned. Pity my Mini-USB cable didn't fit but I'll get one tonight.

rpgchocobo posted on Feb 24 2005 at 02:39 PM said:
kotd posted on Feb 23 2005 at 09:41 PM said:
Ok also ordered Namco Museum, I'm PSP crazy man, should be shipped today as well.  :p

Wait till Credit Card crazy man comes :lol:

Credit card? I've never paid with a credit card in my life my freind :) I'm a cash man only, no owing people for me :D

Last edited by a moderator:
so didja get NFS yet or what?? really want to see how you like it as the local import place has it now and very interested in buying it if it doesn't suck :)

rpgchocobo - *shrug* I dont know that there is a way to tell if you have the darker or brighter LCD. I only figured it out by comparing two units side by side (one from the very first batch, which was mine and I sold, and one from an early/mid January batch... the newer one was noticeably darker). I would say though, that without seeing two of them side by side like that, you may never know which you have. I wouldn't go by manufacture/selling date alone. Anyways the unit I have now has the darker screen and I really dont even notice except on Metal Gear and on Rengoku which is also a dark game.

I may be selling a couple of my Japanese games... I was going to sell Dynasty Warriors but now that I figured out how the strategy part works it's not TOO bad so I may have a go at actually finishing it. I'll probably try to sell Metal Gear though I doubt anyone will want the Japanese one so I'm probably stuck, lest I get lucky and find a Japanese person who lives outside of Japan. Not sure what else I may sell... though I'm probably shooting myself in the foot by waiting, I really want to get my hands on some US games before selling any of these off.

NFSU and Namco museum were sent by EMS on the 24th. They're currently in Sydney, so i'll have it monday or tuesday.

If you want to sell any games I'm interested. I can get MG acid for $40US brand new shipped so if you can beat that I'm interested.

wow... how are you getting it so cheap? that's cheaper than retail and shipping included? Or is that for a used copy? And anyways, you sure you want the Japanese one? Any games I sell will probably be $20 + shipping, may not be a good deal if you're outside of the US/Canada... dunno what it costs to ship something this small.

Yeah $40US new on Play-Asia. THough I reckon its still not worth that either :p I'd prefer a cheap used one. Sure that sounds reasonable. I'd probably get more than one game to make insurance seem a better option, or maybe just get Global Priority express, thats like $5 should fit like 3 games in that.

well I haven't decided what/when to sell just yet... getting pretty close to finishing MGA (finally!!!) so will probably make some definate decisions at that time. Need to make room in my carrying case for some US games!

Back