Anybody have the old gp2x toolchain (fw 2.0 kernel toolchain)

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
As in the title, I've come to realize I can't seem to find an old gcc 2.95 and glibc 2.2.5 for GP2X that isn't broken, the one on openhandhelds seems to be broken along with any others i've found (most dependent on scripts that require the old GPH svn for some parts...).

I'm just wondering if anybody's got one kicking around... I would like to try and get some of the oldest GP2X software working in GINGE but doing so requires using the old libm which requires glibc 2.2.5 and if I compile GINGE with any other glibc it'll just complain that the libs don't meet the requirements of the loader itself.

I may be able to find ways around this if I keep searching, but It's always nice to have a toolchain capable of compiling kernel modules for the old toolchains anyways :p

Yep.... when importing gp32x.de, it was neat to see posts from 2003... 12 years ago :)

The new site will have the file archive included. Maybe it would make sense uploading those missing packages there.

I doubt GPH would complain ;)

Last edited:
Notaz: *facepalm* should've known to dig around a lil further, nabbed the 4.x stuff from there awhile back never thought to go up a dir though :p

EvilDragon: Yeah, right around the time I got my first GP32... *shudders* can only imaging how n00b and ignorant some of my posts from back then must be :p

Hmm, getting a similar error to the one on openhandhelds.org:

gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Did you try using the "broken" toolchain to compile something ?

When I compressed the (uncompressed) toolchain, the resulting archive had almost the same size as the original archive (2.5 kB difference), so if something wasn't decompressed from the original archive, there's a big chance it isn't actually needed for compiling whatever you need to compile.

yeah, complained about /usr/local/arm-dev/arm-linux/bin/as missing and it's a 0byte file (may have been a symlink at one point?)

are the files from that dir just supposed to be symlinks back to arm-dev/bin arm-linux-*? Or are they linking elsewhere in the system?
[doublepost=1451024904,1451019330][/doublepost]Might be a moot point as libpicofe seems to need a newer input.h than is available in the older GP2X toolchains (found a gcc 3.4.6 & glibc 2.2.5 toolchain here: http://david.dantoine.org/proyecto/10/)

But I'm gonna keep looking at it, might be able to get away with gcc 3.4.6 as long as it has the older glibc so it can link to the old libm to run a handful of older software....

Since it looks for the files in a fixed location, either put the toolchain in the location or make a symlink (from /usr/local/arm-dev to the decompressed toolchain)

Back