Any way to run Neogeo/FBA/CPS2emu (GP2x) on ginge?

soulanger

I give up.. I really cant make them run, and i'm dying for some Neogeo and specially some CPS2 emulation. Each time I try it says that rominfo.cps2 is missing.

MAME is good and all, but its very unoptimized, frameskips are not good for fighting games. :( I also have no luck for GnGeo, it keeps on reading my sd card for some odd reason without even playing a game.

Anybody could help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there is a native version of GNGeo for the Pandora that works pretty well.

The Gngeo i was talking about was that one. ^^"

edit: Ive updated it and im very impressed. i love the interface i hope other emus looks good as this

I second this, as for CPS2 and FBA anyway.

the native GNGeo is working great - but I have no way to play Gigawing, Mars Matrix, the non-psx version of dodonpachi, etc...

There are 3 native versions of MAME on the pandora. I can't get sdlmame to launch at all, in mame106 the d-pad won't work if you're pushing any buttons (at least for do, and mame4all will only recognize dodonpachi of those games, and the display is upside down.

I used to be able to play Dodonpachi in FBA2x, and Mars Matrix and gigawing in the CPS2emu on gp2x. neither of them will work for me in ginge - they both crash to the gp2x menu as soon as you try to launch the rom.

Is there something specific I have to do to get them working in ginge, or do they not work for anybody?

EDIT:

I found this thread about the Cave shmups being inverted in Mame4All:

so at least that's a known issue

I dont get why GnGeo is working for some people. As far as I know I have the same PND as everyone else, but mine takes a full 15 minutes to start up and wont detect any of my roms, and takes another 5 to 10 minutes to move through directories.

I'll see what I could do, I plan to port FBA to Pandora as my first porting project. Wish me luck ^^"

I dont get why GnGeo is working for some people. As far as I know I have the same PND as everyone else, but mine takes a full 15 minutes to start up and wont detect any of my roms, and takes another 5 to 10 minutes to move through directories.
Yap I know about that. Thats why i said native GnGeo wasnt working well, not until i updated it. You could get it on pep's repository. http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/

I'll see what I could do, I plan to port FBA to Pandora as my first porting project. Wish me luck ^^"

Good luck! Now that I know there's no way that I'm aware of to play any danmaku on the Pandora other than bulletGBA/Vulcanon in gpSP and Dodonpachi in pcsx-rearmed, I'll be eagerly waiting for some workable FBA/cps2 port.

I've been using linux (Ubuntu) as my main OS for over a year now, and I love it. But I had used GnGeo with xgngeo on my Ubuntu system, and I simply set it up on the Pandora in exactly the same way that I did on Ubuntu, and it worked fine. But from what you're saying it's doing, it may or may not be something completely unrelated to configuration.

Good luck! Now that I know there's no way that I'm aware of to play any danmaku on the Pandora other than bulletGBA/Vulcanon in gpSP and Dodonpachi in pcsx-rearmed, I'll be eagerly waiting for some workable FBA/cps2 port.

I've been using linux (Ubuntu) as my main OS for over a year now, and I love it. But I had used GnGeo with xgngeo on my Ubuntu system, and I simply set it up on the Pandora in exactly the same way that I did on Ubuntu, and it worked fine. But from what you're saying it's doing, it may or may not be something completely unrelated to configuration.
Glad to hear some danmaku fans over here. If I'm ever good enough I'll port TouhouDS, the Kencho series, etc.

Glad to hear some danmaku fans over here. If I'm ever good enough I'll port TouhouDS, the Kencho series, etc.

That would be quite awesome, although I'm not familiar with Kencho.

That would be quite awesome, although I'm not familiar with Kencho.
Hmm he's quite popular in the freeware, homebrew, and indi circles. Perhaps you know his work not his name, he made Gunroar, rRootage, Tumiki Fighters, and Torus Trooper. :)

Ah, I was googling for Kencho as a game, not as a user. rRootage is awesome - I'm quite familiar with that one, as it's ported to everything

Kenco make great coffee....er.. :blink:

Really hope that you get good enough ;)

Would love to see dedicated Pandora ports for the ABA games stuff, Noiz2sa would be awesome on this device.

FBA as a first port-attempt... good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FBA as a first port-attempt... good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah.. -_- " I thought porting FBA2x for the Pandora would be easy, way to push my luck. :\ Sigh, I couldnt even get _T() to work. I really wanted to play CPS2 and CPS3 for my pandora.. :(

Really hope that you get good enough ;)

Would love to see dedicated Pandora ports for the ABA games stuff, Noiz2sa would be awesome on this device.
I'm sorry to say but im not. I thought it would be easy, not only that im not familiar with linux libraries, but Im also using Windows for cross-compiling, big mistake. :\ I'm gonna install Ubuntu later.

I'm sure I saw that someone was working on a CPS emulator in the pandora wiki - went to look again after reading this and all the references to it had gone. Would love a bit of Darkstalker!

a CPS2 emu would be great.

I hate to say it, but arcade emulation on the Pandora is severely lacking at this point. There are only two emulators that run natively, neither of which are being actively updated. FBA would be perfect.

You can play a limited selection of games in mame4all, but all of the cave shmups are inverted.

I've tried so many different games in mame106 that just crash with the "oops" screen - *especially* cps2 games.

I'm not sure whether it's that even the v106 roms don't work or that I'm just using clrmamepro incorrectly :-/

Back