Any fans of the original Diablo (+Hellfire) here? :)

Always liked the visual representation of that era. In between pictogram /blockiness and reality.  Increasing texture resolution and having everything blend together with shadows and  whatnot just because its possible isnt always the best route to take.

I think its the last game ive been afraid of something and of death.  Maybe it was age and that it was very a hard blow to die, but nontheless.  That butcher guy chasing me around, uuuuuuuh.

I only played it again years later, and it has a good atmosphere in the city next to the well.  All in all its a game where you feel at one with the character you are playing in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Always liked the visual representation of that era. In between pictogram /blockiness and reality.  Increasing texture resolution and having everything blend together with shadows and  whatnot just because its possible isnt always the best route to take.
That's why I love to play the old sprite based isometric games with new HD-patches/mods, especcially Fallout, Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Heroes 3 etc...

Using todays possibilities with classical art style.

Maybe you'd like my favourite game from 2012:

http://www.gog.com/game/inquisitor

Last edited by a moderator:
Back