Another One Bites The Dust...

Beepo

Still Fresh
Hey All,

I've just cancelled my preorder. I know I didn't post much but I ordered on the first day in 2008. I'm in the first 500 preorders.

My reasoning is as follows;

1. have 2 mame cabinets, one cocktail and one upright, for retro gaming and I never use them these days.

2. I wanted the Pandora, lovely as it is, to check email, surf the web, watch movies and listen to music. I also wanted it as an ebook reader and general device.

3. I'm a software developer and 2 1/2 years ago I was into Linux, but no more. I've been into Mac for 2 years now and I'm on the Apple developer program.

I'm putting the money that I sank into Pandora into an iPad as this better fits my needs, I thought I needed the retro gaming thing but actually mobile gaming has never been important to me. It's a shame I can't have both devices as I think they're both amazing but Apple wins I'm afraid.

I'd like to thank the Devs and board moderators for all their hard work, and a special thanks to Mali, who always made me laugh.

Take care all, maybe I'll buy a Pandora 2 one day.

Don't bother flaming etc it's pointless, also the 'close the door on your way out' comments are just plain dumb. :p

Beepo

My Macbook Pro died last week, I won't be replacing it .. even though I was working on some iphone/ipad stuff, I can't be bothered buying another Apple right now. So I'm going to go find a cheap Linux netbook to tide me over until I can find a really nice one ..

Sorry to see you go, mate. I hope you find what you're looking for eventually. Don't forget about us, though. You might want to come back for a second batch eventually :)

To be honest, I think I already did in the iPad. Perfect for my needs this year.

Take care all and best of luck with the project, I hope it sets the world on fire :)

I hate Apple products and I hate Steve Jobs. But now I've got that out of the way, I can see where you're coming from, to a degree. It's a shame since the Pandora is probably so close. Well, good luck with the Apple software...

2 1/2 years ago I was into Linux, but no more. I've been into Mac for 2 years now and I'm on the Apple developer program.

Pfft. Anyone who abandons Linux and open-source software for Apple products never truly embraced the Linux way. You sure you were "into" it? :p

When I first used Linux it was out of necessity for free (as in beer) software. I didn't get "into" it until a couple years later ;)

I hate reading about guys canceling ,makes me sad that OPT will be losing out so close to the end as i would imagine we really need to keep all these preorders ,anyway i hope you are happy with your new device and yes mabe a second batch pandora along the way ,all the best with your projects beepo and hope to see you again on the forums.

paddy said:
I hate reading about guys canceling ,makes me sad that OPT will be losing out so close to the end as i would imagine we really need to keep all these preorders

Don't be sad. Now we have 101 hand painted 800MHz Pandas ;)

And as was mentione dbefore: one place up the line :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah well I'm fucked:
Hi,

Sorry but we can't keep a space for you without payment as it's not
fair on our other customers.

Your spot will be kept open until Friday this week.

Thanks

Debs

TylerAW said:
Yeah well I'm fucked:
Hi,

Thanks

Debs
so pay for it?
it's nice that they even gave you a notice as you've been sitting on your order for a while.
A lot of other companies would have just auto-canceled if you didn't pay promptly.

TylerAW said:
Yeah well I'm fucked:
Hi,

Thanks

Debs
Shame although this is what I expect after it was explained what you was trying to do in previous thread

At this rate I will get my Pandora in ohhh December when the second batch arrives ( if I'm lucky at all that the second batch is that speedy ).

Beepo said:
Take care all, maybe I'll buy a Pandora 2 one day.

Don't bother flaming etc it's pointless, also the 'close the door on your way out' comments are just plain dumb. :p

I still say it's poor form to publicly announce your cancellation like this. It's like you're publicly throwing it in the face of the team.

but perhaps I'm the only one who feels that way.

Back