Annoying Likkle Glitch

pike999

Still Fresh
Occassionally, when my GP2X boots to the main menu (video, games etc) when the screen first appears it will 'jump' the image or otherwise glitch...

Is this normal? Why is it random and not always present? Is there a way to fix it?

With reference to the 'LCD adjustment screen' which jumps around like a kangaroo, just what is THAT all about and where should I put the sliding scale? To the right, left, central or where? It doesn't seem to make any practical difference at all.

Any help, guidance / views much appreciated

Yeah I've noticed that too. I think it has to do with crappy blitting (image display) code in the menu. Its not a problem though.

Thought as much.

Tell me, though, does a replacement skin / menu resolve the issue and if so which one do we recommend?

And what's with the LCD adjustment screen?

Much obliged

the lcd adjustment screen is there to fix the flickering that you have constantly (not the one at bootup). You can adjust the display's frequency there. You have to figure out how far the slider has to be to suit your needs best.

xnopasaranx posted on Aug 25 2006 at 06:50 AM said:
the lcd adjustment screen is there to fix the flickering that you have constantly (not the one at bootup). You can adjust the display's frequency there. You have to figure out how far the slider has to be to suit your needs best.

It really depends on your visual acuity. For some people, they don't even notice the flicker, for other it is so obvious and annoying that even adjusting it doens't completely solve the issue. If you don't notice it, then all the better. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, thanks all.

So am I correct in that the boot up flicker and the LCD flicker are both up for 'slapping down hard' in the next firmware revision?

newbiegp2x posted on Aug 25 2006 at 04:22 PM said:
Cool, thanks all.

So am I correct in that the boot up flicker and the LCD flicker are both up for 'slapping down hard' in the next firmware revision?

Hopefully, yes :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back