Animatch V1.2

ruckage

Certified Guru
Hello,

I've just uploaded v1.2 of Animatch and felt that I had made so many changes that it warranted another news post. And a huge thanks to Pat for making 2 more songs for this, I know you'll all like them.

Changes:

1: Fixed major bug that locked the game up - found by fusion_power
2: Fixed minor tile swap error - found by me
3: Improved joystick selection response - requested by senor quack
4: Added alternate control method (b/y) - requested by senor quack
5: Pause the game timer if you run out of moves - requested by fusion_power
6: Added a remember last name/default name option - requested by fusion_power
7: Move onto next letter on keyboard when direction held - requested byyod4z
8: Fade out completed animals - requested by Alex
9: Countdown for quota instead of countup - requested by Alex
10: 'Normal' and 'Hard' mode for 'Time attack' and 'Score attack', Normal has the standard 7 animals and hard includes the pig as well. - requested by me
11: Tap selected tile to de-select - requested by senor quack
12: Random Background change after every level
13: Tiles fall a bit faster
14: Fixed small random number bug
15: Added 2 extra highscore tables for Score attack and Time attack hard mode.
16: 2 New songs, big thanks to Pat

If you enjoy the game and would like to donate some money to either myself or Pat you can do so at our websites. Any ammount is greatly appreciated and will help with future projects.

Ruckage: www.muddymonkey.co.uk/
Pat Ferguson: www.obstacledelusions.com/music/

Download Animatch v1.2

Last edited by a moderator:
I really love the style of the graphics - very appealing and nice to look at. makes me feel warm inside

Hello, the update is now approved and can be downloaded from the archive. Download link has been added at the bottom of the first post.

Thanks for all your hard work, Ruckage. You have great aesthetic style. :)

Love everything about the new version, my g/f loves it too. The new music tracks are stuck in my head :)

Wow, what a design. Great graphics, great sound and great gameplay. This is a very very professional game. Very smooth presentation => it could very well have been a commercial release - that good.

High score so far with the new version (using a stylus) NORMAL MODE: 43090

the minor bugs/flaws didn't bother me too much in the first release but its nice they got fixed and this has a very solid polished design. I love things like this were you see a more collaborative effort with devs and rest of community.

the big new things I like are the saving name option, background changes, and great new music tracks. Pat always does great music.

though I would also like to see ruckage venture into more of his own ideas he does excellent versions of classic games that rival and even surpass the originals in playability and presentation. whats next for you ruckage? anything going on with space varments 2?

great game, ruckage !!!

if you are going to continue to improve this game here are some ideas:
- it would be handy to use stickclick (on F100) in main menu/settings/name entry for highscores, i mean in menus it would be great to use stickclick as 'B' key.
- highscores: it would be nice to record level alongside with scores, like it is in Tilematch (name - level - score).

thank you very much for all your great work!

Great game! Only downside is that my girlfriend refuses to let go of the console. She's been playing this game for all day!

a bug? when you complete the final row on level and after this move there are no more possible moves, first "no more moves" screen displayed, the board gets refreshed (during this you loose few seconds) and then "level complete" screen displayed.

alexis said:
one more thing: it's impossible to get into high scores table in "score attack" because all 10 places are 0:00:00 :)
You should not use the old 1.1 Save and Configs in Version 1.2. I had the same problem. Make a klean install and don't just overwrite the old game. ;)

Suggestions: After reaching a place in the High Score tables and typing the name, the matching Scoreboard should appear to see the result, I usualy do that every time manualy, when I reach a highscore.

Time mode "score" Should always include 2 positions per time number, for example 05:35 instead of 5:35, so the time value always has the same physical lenght in the table :)

previous versions are also nearly perfect,
but finally in this version, every thing gets perfect.
thanx for quick releasing fixed version :)
this game has absolutely commercial quality.
awesome!

I have now finally played this game and boy is it addictive. The whole functionality of the game is fluid like and nothing to say but WOW! Many thanks again Ruckage! :D

Senor Quack said:
High score so far with the new version (using a stylus) NORMAL MODE: 43090
I have over 61000 Points now in normal mode :D And only with a crappy GP2X F100 D-Stick. I had lucky chain reactions and was able to reach level 13 the first time. I hope I can beat this some day. ^_^

Thanks for the replies everyone, looks like fusion_power is the current champion. Maybe I should get some kind of online highscore list setup for people to submit scores - would there be any interest in that?

Back