An Odd Request.

dowboy

Still Fresh
I'm looking for anyone with a faulty gp32 that they are willing to depart with.

Better still, just an 'R' button.. I was using the quick rix, and accidently quickfixed the metal pivot a bit too far.. Now my buttons are on the wrong way round, and the dodgy one is extremely unresponsive..

Anyone willing to come to my aid? I can offer a small amount of money.

I'm in the UK by the way.

Thanks!

I accidentally snapped the metal pivot in my R button too, but i just glued a small cube of rubber which i cut from an eraser into the cavity in the button. I measured it so that it would press on the inner button switch with a normal press of the shoulder button. It doesn't click anymore, but it works perfectly and is now far more responsive than the original button with the pivot switch in it was. I started messing with the button in the first place because it was working sometimes and not other times, i freaked a bit when i snapped the pivot, but it was worth it in the end.

Exact same thing happened to me, though my method of repair was a bit more unorthodox. I found a small piece of metal, cut it to thr right size, folded it over to add strength, and inserted it in as a replacement for the origional metal piece. Ironically, the button was near impossible to press; now, you barely have to touch it to register. Not ideal, though I'd rather have it this way.

Long story short, perhaps you shoud attempt fixing it yourself (I would definately go with fades method lol). I remember when I broke mine. I freaked the fuck out :lol:

Tried Fade's trick and *TADA* fixed.

Thanks buddy!

Found that all the fiddling had messed up my 180mhz pencil trick though.. however, after a bit of swearing, DING 200mhz sturdy ;) Ran it constant whilst watching the newest episode of Extras with Les Dennis in it.

fade posted on Aug 17 2005 at 11:16 AM said:
I accidentally snapped the metal pivot in my R button too, but i just glued a small cube of rubber which i cut from an eraser into the cavity in the button. I measured it so that it would press on the inner button switch with a normal press of the shoulder button. It doesn't click anymore, but it works perfectly and is now far more responsive than the original button with the pivot switch in it was. I started messing with the button in the first place because it was working sometimes and not other times, i freaked a bit when i snapped the pivot, but it was worth it in the end.
Nice idea! Would it be alright if I added that to the trigger fix guide on Gamepark newbie, fade? Credited as always. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
shinneri posted on Aug 18 2005 at 03:31 AM said:
Nice idea! Would it be alright if I added that to the trigger fix guide on Gamepark newbie, fade? Credited as always. ;-)

Sure Shinneri, no problem. It'll be cool if it helps other people too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an excellent fix, best my shoulder buttons have felt in months!

Back