An Idea (Opinions Please)

andyhamer

How about a repository/database of various (emulation) supported console games, each with brief gameplay info & screenshot (where possible).
It doesn't necessarily have to be definitive, i was thinking more along the lines of recommended games, ones that may have slipped under peoples radar, mad as cheese obscure gems etc.
People could also suggest additions/alternatives, agree, disagree and so on - i know there are plenty of sources on teh interweb, just thought people (namely me) would find it usefull to have the info collated.
If enough interest is shown, i will give it a go (with my rudimentary compiling skills)

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by a moderator:
spamfisher said:
ones that may have slipped under peoples radar, mad as cheese obscure gems etc.
Stuff like this is peppered all over my game collection. I'd love to do some write-ups. :p

Just guessing, but this will probably fall in the "not safe for copyright reasons" and have to be hosted elsewhere.
B!

Mr B said:
Just guessing, but this will probably fall in the "not safe for copyright reasons" and have to be hosted elsewhere.
B!
Writing about old games is legally frowned upon now? :blink:

I recommend CrazyBus. It's for megadrive and public domain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPubA8kH_6A

Prometheus said:
Mr B said:
B!
Writing about old games is legally frowned upon now? :blink:

"Here is our new computer for you to buy! Here is a list of all the copyrights you can violate with it!"

Not saying it's illegal, but it could cause legal hassle.

Ah, I see. I guess I must be old-fashioned, I actually perceived it as a way of recommending stuff to buy. :blink:

There are goodfansites for each system. Atari legend for Atari St, hall of light for amiga etc, probably your best bet

jeff

You ca review and make screenies etc. Only dl links would be an issue (in some, not all countries, and not for all games.. Many are open for dl). If your so quick to throw away your right to free speech....

Jeff

Back