Amiga Emulator

bigrbuk

Still Fresh
Does anyone know what versions of the kick.rom file work with the amiga emulator? I have it working with 1.3 but 3.1 failed. Not sure if this is why, but I couldnt get Championship Manager 93 to work - loads so far then just hangs.

bigrbuk posted on Aug 21 2006 at 01:52 PM said:
Does anyone know what versions of the kick.rom file work with the amiga emulator? I have it working with 1.3 but 3.1 failed. Not sure if this is why, but I couldnt get Championship Manager 93 to work - loads so far then just hangs.

You won`t need 3.1 I think.. for a LOOOOONG time.. Uae4all won`t ever be needing it I think.. as it`s a A1200 rom.. meaning AGA and that won`t be looked at in a good while!

Your 1.3 ( A500 ) will do just fine.. unless a game your trying to play requires a A1200

Last edited by a moderator:
bigrbuk posted on Aug 21 2006 at 01:52 PM said:
Have you tried the usual methods when the game hangs?

1) Move emu bias to FULL CPU, then Reset

if that doesn't help:

2) Enable Sound, then Reset

Also, the first time you're trying to get a game to work, it's best to have the status line indicator on, as this will let you know if it is actually loading, and only appears to be hanging.

Finally, you'd probably get quite annoyed even if Champ Man actually does load properly, as save support is not currently implemented (not even write to disk).

Have you tried the usual methods when the game hangs?

1) Move emu bias to FULL CPU, then Reset

if that doesn't help:

2) Enable Sound, then Reset
Not heard about enabling sound - will try that - cheers.

Also, the first time you're trying to get a game to work, it's best to have the status line indicator on, as this will let you know if it is actually loading, and only appears to be hanging.
I always do this the first time anyway - gets so far, status indicator stops being red and drives stop moving.

Finally, you'd probably get quite annoyed even if Champ Man actually does load properly, as save support is not currently implemented (not even write to disk).
Didnt realise there was no support for save games. :(

The amiga pc emulator won't play AGA games, I think the amiga xbox emulator does. Not playing AGA games your not missing much as they looked just the same as the normal amiga games to me.

adgloride posted on Aug 21 2006 at 08:17 PM said:
The amiga pc emulator won't play AGA games
Are you sure about that, WinUAE has an "AGA Chipset" option and runs KickStart/WB 3.1 alright :)

adgloride posted on Aug 21 2006 at 08:17 PM said:
Not playing AGA games your not missing much as they looked just the same as the normal amiga games to me.
Have to agree there though, can't say I played many AGA games that I really remember.
Saying that I was on the net with my A1200 more than playing games :)

Stainy posted on Aug 21 2006 at 06:03 AM said:
You won`t need 3.1 I think.. for a LOOOOONG time.. Uae4all won`t ever be needing it I think.. as it`s a A1200 rom.. meaning AGA and that won`t be looked at in a good while!

There's an A500 version of the 3.1 rom, I'm pretty sure. Might be lacking support for AGA, but I do believe they made a version for the non-AGA systems. I'll take a look for it a bit later.

I think the AGA chipset just added a little more bit-depth to the colors used, but they didn't change any of the colors used most of the time. AGA was mostly like graphic acceleration for the Amiga line, wasn't it? (I might be wrong on this one)

All standard kickstart roms up to 3.1 work fine in UAE4ALL, and you need the 3.1 in order to boot the Workbench 3.1 and programs that need it to run. AGA however is not possible.

@ adgloride~
with "amiga pc emulator", did you mean WinUAE? Because WinUAE does emulate the AGA chipset extremely well, even high end games such as Alien Breed 3D 2 run flawlessly. Sorry if you meant something else, your post confused me a bit cos AGA on the PC has been around for a long time :)

"SunSpire"

Here's a video of 1.3 and 3.1 kickstarts running some games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_6N13neyEU

Here's the same thing except running workbench:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FkzUcSsrkw

Back