Am I doing something wrong?

D

dopey smurf

Am I doing something wrong?  I can't   get mp4s to play properly.  It looks sorta like predator heat sensing vision.  Frames skip a bit.  Is it because it's not standard definition?

I'm guessing he's trying to play .MP4 movie files on an unspecified movie player and all he's getting is strange distorted imagery?

Have you tried using VLC? MP4s play fine IIRC.

Ensure you have the community CODECs pack loaded and try again?

"it's not standard definition" - the mp4 file? You may have trouble playing HD videos, but messed up visuals sounds more like a codec/player issue, perhaps tell us what media player you used and details of the file itself.

I had the exact some issue! I just switched to the VLC pnd from the repo. I've never experianced issues since.

I've tried vlc, vlc2, smplayer, panplayer, panplayer2, and gnome mplayer(mplayer2) and I can't correct it.  I tried adjusting color settings in vlc.  The picture looks cartoon and slightly like predators heat sensing vision.  I don't know the technical terms. 

I've tried vlc, vlc2, smplayer, panplayer, panplayer2, and gnome mplayer(mplayer2) and I can't correct it.  I tried adjusting color settings in vlc.  The picture looks cartoon and slightly like predators heat sensing vision.  I don't know the technical terms. 
You mean just reds and blues without any greens? If that's the case, that sounds like a cabling problem or possibly something physically wrong with the LCD. And no amount of changing settings is likely to change that.

Or at least that's what this sounds like, perhaps if you could post a picture of what your Pandy is doing, it will be a bit clearer than words.

You mean just reds and blues without any greens? If that's the case, that sounds like a cabling problem or possibly something physically wrong with the LCD. And no amount of changing settings is likely to change that.

Or at least that's what this sounds like, perhaps if you could post a picture of what your Pandy is doing, it will be a bit clearer than words.
Wouldn't he complain more generally then and not video playback specific ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends how hi-def you go I find I can play some 720p H264 files but there is occasional frame dropping. In some cases I've had weird glitches because the video can't keep up with the sound.

I've had other problems in older files with weird keyframes.

Generally you should try and reencode files to the resolution of the Pandora screen.

the term is

*Oversaturated* Meaning. - any image on the screen will have its colors overly magnified. so colors will be incredibly saturated. INCREDIBLY

Back