Allow php sigs

Klown

Trolling on the Spiderweb
Website
klown.info
I have a signiture which is a random image (all uniform) selector but it requires the extention of .php in IMG tags. It would be rather lovely if you would activate it ;-)

Couldon't you just use ASP to return a random image when you link www.xxx.com/pics/rand.jpg ?? Or can't you do that with ASP?? (All I know about ASP is that it generates the page before sending it, so I might be 100% wrong about being able to use ASP :p)

I think the only image creation module is for PHP... unless that's not how it works.

Anyway, everyone in the world should use vBulletin, it's much nicer :(

Although this one isn't too bad.

Invision isn't flawed, it's one of the best forums around... free forums anyway. Think about it. How could a forum possibly do anything to stop the security flaw that php images would create? They can't, no forum is better than another in that respect. So if php images work in the forums you visit, it is because the coders or admins have decided not to address that flaw.

In addition, I believe Invision allows enabling of so-called 'scripted images', as does Ikonboard (gp32emu's board) but both have it disabled by default, for a reason.

Taras: vBulletin isn't free. Might be free to you :) but that's not the point.

Rico posted on Aug 28 2003 said:
Invision isn't flawed, it's one of the best forums around... free forums anyway. Think about it. How could a forum possibly do anything to stop the security flaw that php images would create? They can't, no forum is better than another in that respect. So if php images work in the forums you visit, it is because the coders or admins have decided not to address that flaw.

In addition, I believe Invision allows enabling of so-called 'scripted images', as does Ikonboard (gp32emu's board) but both have it disabled by default, for a reason.

Taras: vBulletin isn't free. Might be free to you :) but that's not the point.
Actually vbb and ubb can handle php images easily.

Also i know of a cetain exploit which can mess up invision boards and have been well reported.

Last edited by a moderator:
And you wonder why scripted images are disabled by default.

If vbb and ubb -do- handle it they must be weaving some sort of black magic nobody else knows about, or something that takes up a lot of server resources...either way, both of those forums are by the same company and cost money. Nobody is going to buy a new forum so you can run your random image script.

Back