Ah, someone beat us to the desktop replacement.

You're not a fan? How come, mate? Is it because most of the time the current thread doesn't relate to them in any way, shape or form, thus not being similar at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides at the rate things are going, if the pandora2 comes out we could be spending years in the queue just to get it not to mention the price the team maybe has their hands full just trying to fulfill the orders of batch 1 so I don't think that they are gonna be thinking about it soon, nice idea though but I believe that there won't be a true desktop replacement since the power supply technology right now is only limited in portable devices (I think due to the cost of making it) an average laptop or netbook lasts? what? 3hrs 4 hrs? with everything dumbed down just to conserve energy, so a desktop replacement will just eat a lot more juice, unless we could carry a nuclear power pack on our person hehehe. I know that as the tehcnology progresses the desktops will just move on to have newer better technology which won't be available for the portables till years after, it would be cool to get a tony stark type of portable but i don't think that it will be happening soon...

BTW your topic saved me from posting my question about comparing the pandora with the touchbook since i saw it had similar specs and lower price and it might ship a lot faster than a pandora, but seeing the response I think I will be still going with the pandora :)
That's a long sentence... do you ever stop for breath?

I disagree with this ambugiuty of tasks and purposes. I've said it before: I want my phone to be a phone, my camera to be a camera, and my palmtop top be my palmtop. I don't want to make phone calls on my palmtop, play games on my camera, or take pictures on my phone.

The Pandora's good because there's little (if any) pretention about its capabilities that I can see. It's a little handheld that can be used to play games ot browse the web, or whatever I want.

Hehehe, I practiced speed talking so no breaths in between. However, there ARE some who might want the idea of all in one in their hands so they might want something that will do all the things that "other things" do, it is kind of a little hard to be carrying so many all the time, and there are times that you don't need a camera but you need to take a snap of something so you just resort to a phone with a camera, and so on and so forth. What i was getting to is it would be a little hard to get a "true" desktop replacement since the desktop will always be more powerful since it would be connected to the power it needs as compared to a portable device.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back