Advice Wanted For A New Gp32 Site

Nekki

Still Fresh
Hi all,

Shortly, I'm going to be putting together a site that offers direct downloads of "GP32-ized" fansubbed anime (only unlicensed stuff of course). I'm interested to know what people's opinions are on the following:

What clock speed do you run GPCinema at? (I'm also interested in what people might think the "average" user does)

File size vs quality - which is more important?

Is sound quality important to you?

Would you prefer faster downloads of a small selection of anime, or slower downloads and a wider selection?

Would you be interested in such a site?

The url is http://www.gp32anime.co.uk btw - don't bother visting yet though, there's only a holding page so far!

Any opinions or advice are greatly appreciated.

sam fisher posted on May 10 2005 at 08:28 PM said:
Well i say both quality and file size. 17-25 frames per second.

Only top-end GP32's can handle 25fps though, can't they?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have it take up the least possible space with it being the best quality it can.

Normal TV resolution is 640x480 and VCD default to 320x24o so that they strech but still looks good. SVCD is 480x480.

Now since the GP32's resolutin is 320x240, I would render it at 160x120 and chanes are wiht ti streching will look fine wiht a 10-15 fram rate or what ever the gp32 supports.
Or have 2 versions high and low res one at 320x240 and the other at 160x120 so that people can chose what quality and space they wnat to dedicate to it....

tattooman posted on May 10 2005 at 09:30 PM said:
Have it take up the least possible space with it being the best quality it can.

Normal TV resolution is 640x480 and VCD default to 320x24o so that they strech but still looks good. SVCD is 480x480.

Now since the GP32's resolutin is 320x240, I would render it at 160x120 and chanes are wiht ti streching will look fine wiht a 10-15 fram rate or what ever the gp32 supports.
Or have 2 versions high and low res one at 320x240 and the other at 160x120 so that people can chose what quality and space they wnat to dedicate to it....
I'm pretty sure gpCinema doesn't stretch the videos to be fullscreen... Anyway, I doubt the subtitles would be very viewable as such a small resolution.

Anyway, 15 fps is what I use a lot of the time. Videos run very smooth and well at 133mhz.

shinneri posted on May 11 2005 at 04:02 AM said:
I'm pretty sure gpCinema doesn't stretch the videos to be fullscreen... Anyway, I doubt the subtitles would be very viewable as such a small resolution.

That's exactly right - I have to be careful about dropping the video compression quality too low also, as it can make the subs illegible on some files.

The idea of doing highQ and lowQ versions has occurred to me before, but I think I'd prefer to get a happy medium to begin with, and have a wider variety of files - I've got a LOT of anime series and I'd like to get a lot of different series up. I produce higher quality files for my own personal use, so I could always start putting them up if there's demand.

Back