Access To Nand Flash Memory

MatthewNS

Still Fresh
Hello

I have a problem. I bought a wiz a week ago, but I can't establish connection between pc and wiz NAND FLASH. I have no problem to connect pc and sd card in wiz using usb cable, but when I choose [A] NAND I have completely nothing. I dont know what to do. Maybe I do something wrong. I connected wiz to several computers and still the same issue. Next problem: the BUILT-IN GAMES and FLASH GAMES disapeared ! Why?

matthew

Seems like they are both connected to the same issue: Either the mount point disappeared, or the underlying storage is corrupt (which itself could cause the first).

What should I do? I wrote to AS Center Germany and still waiting for their answer.

MatthewNS said:
Can I use NAND BLANK v0.1? My firmware is: 2.6.24 revision 255.
Be careful, that's a GP2X program directly tied to GP2X hardware. It could brick your Wiz or be useless at best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex, thanks for your warning.

Squidge, should I do the same what sayokohiroshi did: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50153-doesnt-load-when-i-turn-it-on/ ??? I had very similar problem at the begining, the only diference was that after few trials wiz finished loading.

... and forgive me, but I have one more irritating question: Where can I find the latest or 1.10 (like in sayokohiroshi post) firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello again

I am very impatient and I decided to upgrade firmware. Success! :D All problems are solved. Many Thanks again for your support :)

Greetings from Poland

Back