Ac Adaptor For F200

seamoon

Still Fresh
Will an AC-adaptor for the f100 model work with the f200? That's the only one I can get hold of here.

Can I use this one perhaps?

It has 1000 mA current out and is adjustable to 3V. Does any of the provided connectors seem to fit?

Yes to all your questions, But, Just remember to set the polarity to "centre negative". And it does come with the correct size connector, The small yellow tipped one on the far right is the one for the GP2x FE, MK1, MK2 and the F200.

Trooper

Sounds great folks. Will save me a few GBP. The wiki says the adaptor shall give 3.3 V though and the one linked above gives 3. Will that be a problem? (just to be absolutely sure and not risk damaging my system)

seamoon said:
Sounds great folks. Will save me a few GBP. The wiki says the adaptor shall give 3.3 V though and the one linked above gives 3. Will that be a problem? (just to be absolutely sure and not risk damaging my system)
No. NiMH batteries provide 2.5 V anyway. Again, be very carefull with polarity when using a universal adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
hal9000 said:
seamoon said:
No. NiMH batteries provide 2.5 V anyway. Again, be very carefull with polarity when using a universal adapter.

It's more like 2.8V when they are fully charged, and 2.4V when flat. Also, there is a charge pump inside the GP2X to increase the voltage coming from the battery. There is no such thing when using the DC Input. So just because the 2X will work with 2.4V from the batteries, don't expect a 2.4V DC input to work as good.

Still, saying that, 3V is fine as long as you have a decent current rating, which the adaptor in question has.

I don't quite understand what to look for when checking that "centre polarity is negative"...

seamoon said:
I don't quite understand what to look for when checking that "centre polarity is negative"...
You want to see this:

Center_Negative.png

Sorry for my ignorance, but how can I check on the adapter connector that it's center negative guided by the picture above? Are there any + and - signs to look for?

There should be a picture of it on the adpater itself. Looking at the adapter in the first post, you SHOULD get an instruction sheet explaining the polarity. I have a similar adapter which has a small + and - on the side of each pin at the tip, be careful which way you plug the little connector in, Mine can easily slip out, and its vital you know which way is the correct way.
Don't worry about that too much. Just keep the instruction sheet handy, and you'll remember it like the back of your hand after time. ;)

Blatantly ripped from another website. :rolleyes:

TIP Polarity Selection
Determine proper connector size. determine required tip polarity. Wrong polarity can result in permanent damage to your device. Common symbols for tip polarity are shown below:

PolaritySel.gif

Trooper

I have a power universal (AC), which produces current selectable from 3-4,5-6-7,5-9-12 V with 300mA output at max.
I can also select the polarity, I would ask if you select the proper polarity can use it at 3 v with 300mA on GP2X F200? Or risk of doing damage?

Was gonna ask exactly the same question as I've seen an adaptor with the same spec quite cheaply.

Would the unit charge the batteries too?

Damo said:
Was gonna ask exactly the same question as I've seen an adaptor with the same spec quite cheaply.

Would the unit charge the batteries too?
No. You need a separate battery charger to do that. The GP2X will not charge batteries.

Arsenè said:
I have a power universal (AC), which produces current selectable from 3-4,5-6-7,5-9-12 V with 300mA output at max.
I can also select the polarity, I would ask if you select the proper polarity can use it at 3 v with 300mA on GP2X F200? Or risk of doing damage?
300mA will not be enough, 500mA is really the bare minimum and 1000mA is the recommended minimum. Though it does depend on what you use your GP2x for.

Trooper

300mA will not be enough, 500mA is really the bare minimum and 1000mA is the recommended minimum. Though it does depend on what you use your GP2x for.

Trooper

Ok, 1000 thks!!

I found a universal power supply that has 1800mA (Not Stabilized), the cost is 14 euros. It should be good for Gp2X F200 or they must find a minimum 2500 mA of (Stabilized)?
Thank you for your attention

Back