Caanoo / WIZ Abuse Port For Wiz Please.

iioo

Still Fresh
I really enjoy the gp2x version of Abuse. Would it be possible to port it over to the Wiz?

iioo said:
I really enjoy the gp2x version of Abuse. Would it be possible to port it over to the Wiz?

Anyone is welcome to use my port. A lot of developers got a free Wiz but I was not one of them so I'll leave it to someone else as I can't really afford one right now.

There are two bugs in the source that need to be fixed, FYI:

1.) Music volume can be adjusted but gets reset to 100% after a song changes. Easy fix.

2.) When using DPAD-modded F100s (and possibly the Wiz) the directions for the mouse cursor emulation are messed up and need a tiny fix here or there.

I've fixed both of these but I am so busy with random expensive car-repair crap and mandatory work overtime I'll never get around to updating the archive's source anytime soon. Glad to hear you like the GP2X version, I worked very hard on it and have surprisingly fond memories of those many months of hammering away at memory bugs :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
Senor Quack how critical is the GC functions you used? I dont have these in my toolchain and it looks like they come from the kernel?

It's a open-source garbage collector: http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/

They're pretty critical because it's the only way I found to finally conquer the final memory bugs when starting the actual game. I believe they're only used in the Lisp code.

Here is a link the GC binary I compiled for Abuse:
http://www.mediafire.com/?aezgjhtmmyy

I also used a custom SDL compiled with it because I read all threaded libraries must be compiled with it too. But I am thinking now that I didn't bother to use an SDL_mixer compiled with it so maybe you can get away with just linking to it and not bothering recompiling your libraries.

Thanks, i built the gc lib. Im running into errors now at the end where libtool is trying to link everything and do some other stuff. Did you run into at all?

Pickle said:
Thanks, i built the gc lib. Im running into errors now at the end where libtool is trying to link everything and do some other stuff. Did you run into at all?

I had a million problems and it was about a year ago that I did it so I cannot remember specifics. The modified Makefile I used is included in the source package. I used the Linux Open2X 4.1.1 toolchain.

Senor Quack said:
Pickle said:

I had a million problems and it was about a year ago that I did it so I cannot remember specifics. The modified Makefile I used is included in the source package. I used the Linux Open2X 4.1.1 toolchain.

Seems the libtool is out date or something, found a post with the similar issue. Talked about doing these commands and it seems to have fixed the problem:
aclocal
autoconf
automake

Update: wow got a binary!

Update 2: and it works! yippee

I just tried this, looks pretty good on this screen.

There are a few "bugs" that I think would be easy to fix.

First, when you first start the game the volume is set to 100% MAX resulting in speaker blowing LOUDNESS.

Also setting gamma does nothing from what I noticed. It is still a bit too dark and you can't really see the background texture.

Is there another place to set this like a config file somewhere?

Otherwise it is working great, thanks.

very well done and cool, is there any way to change the movements to the left d-pad tho? using L+R is a pain

Running with L+R is awkward but this game was meant to be played with both, mouse and keyboard, anyways. Try the touchscreen version.

Back