About The Usb Cable

Cellsplitter

Website
Visit site
Everyone with a GP2x knows that transfering files with the USB cable takes ages compared to (for example) a memory card reader that u plug into you USB 2.0 port.
QUESTION! Is it the cable's fault the write is so incredebly low? Or is the GP2x itself to blame? Both? Can't be the memory card since I pluged it into a card reader long time ago.
Well? I saw a USB cable in a electronic store the other day for Digital cameras, it was a USB 2.0 cable and was a bit more pricy then the other cables because it was a fast cable. so! Will my GP2x guaranteed write fast if I buy that cable? Post your wild assumptions or (please) hardcore facts :)

Everyone with a GP2x knows that transfering files with the USB cable takes ages compared to (for example) a memory card reader that u plug into you USB 2.0 port.
QUESTION! Is it the cable's fault the write is so incredebly low? Or is the GP2x itself to blame? Both? Can't be the memory card since I pluged it into a card reader long time ago.
Well? I saw a USB cable in a electronic store the other day for Digital cameras, it was a USB 2.0 cable and was a bit more pricy then the other cables because it was a fast cable. so! Will my GP2x guaranteed write fast if I buy that cable? Post your wild assumptions or (please) hardcore facts :)

Wild(eyed) assumption, It's the GP2X.

I tried my USB 2.0 cable going to the Card writer I use, still slow.

I suggest that a good reader will come with it's own USB cord for half the cost of a USB 2.0 cable in a store

Last edited by a moderator:
cables dont matter. its just bits of wire. the same as every other wire - some are made to have better conductivityh then others, but that wont matter on the gp2x(unless its really shoddy). your better off with a card reader, since it is the gp2x.

I think it is a problem with the firmware that it onlys wants to read/write at 1.1 speed.

Can you re-format your SD through your GP2X? That might work. Or does the GP2X have the command for formatting volumes on it?

I formated a 2 gig SD card through the USB cable, but it took like an hour.

Back