A video of my faulty GP32

delphiaddict

Still Fresh
If anyone is interested in seeing the problems that my GP32 is exhibiting then click here to download a 3 minute video I've made tonight of my attempts to launch Frodo. It's over 15mb so you'll probably only want to watch it if you've got a fast connection.

Apologies for the sometimes shaky camera work but it's damn difficult to keep steady when you're trying to operate the GP32 with your other hand! You'll probably hear my four year old talking all over it too! :)

One particularly interesting bit is when I finally manage to get Frodo to run and the c64 startup screen appears. If you keep watching then during the course of the next minute the picture begins to flicker and gradually gets worse before the machine finally gives up altogether and resets itself.

Sometimes though I manage to get a game up and running. Tonight I was able to play "Bounty Bob Strikes Back" (what a fantastic game that was/is) for about 5 minutes before the machine died.

I'm definitely gonna have to return this machine. :( I hope none of you are experiencing the problems I've had!

Geeez, that system is pretty sure faulty!
It already flickers and crashes during the intro animation!
I never had such problems - even with weak batteries!

Brother, I misunderstood you earlier when you said Frodo was crashing before. I've had it crash occasionally when I loaded a bad rom or something ... NEVER before the blue screen, and nothing like your screen.

Sorry to say man, but I think your unit has problems.

Flack

Yep sure looks like you got a duff machine, I am sure that Craig will sort you out. Can I just say that despite the fact that you may have got a duff machine you have handled yourself well on here. You have not shouted the odds, claiming untruths, shouting your mouth off, like a couple of other idiots on this board a few days ago.

You may feel a bit pi$$ed of, and rightly so it seems, but you obviously understand that these things happen, it aint Craigs fault and as such you don't blame him.

You are a credit to the board I hope you get sorted out real soon and become a regular contributor.

Well done mate, good for you

MrT

Sorry to state the obvious, but I had what appears to be the exact same problems yesterday with Frodo specifically. I put new batteries in and the problem went completely away. I'm sure you checked, but maybe try another set??

welcome jjthe2

This ones a bit different jjthe2

delphiaddict has posted this on another thread too, with brand new batteries, they last a few minutes in which time the unit is TOO HOT to touch, it looks like the unit is running too fast (IMHO)

But good first post jjthe2, trying to help out another user, keep it up

MrT

Back