A Small Dosbox Package

crookedmouth

I really liked Kasumi89's idea of posting games you have got to work in DosBox. It is very time consuming since Dosbox games have no reset.

Here are 6 games I found to work for everyone to mess around with.

As far as I know they are all abandoned or shareware.

Extract all the files together in a folder at/game/Dosbox/ run each individual .gpe file to play.

Download http://www.mediafire.com/?knmomzzjmmi

It Came From the Desert - Classic CinemaWare game

Alone in the Dark - (This one is unplayable but I left it in)

2400AD - Made by Origin Systems and basically Ultima in space.

Legacy of the Ancients - Very good RPG from EA

Darkspyr - unsure of this RPG, never played it.

Autoduel - Fun future RPG, plays better in other emulators (like Amiga, AtariST) IMO.

THANKS!

This is exactly what I needed to see if I could get another game working. I may play them, but I'll probably use them as examples. I just want to see if SkyRoads will work.

Well, that was slow. I may try Kosmonaut but by the way other games have been performing I don't think it's worth it. Does DOSBox have ANY games that run at fullspeed, or do I have to wait for the Pandora to get good DOS emulation?

Has anyone been able to get Wasteland working on dosbox? If so can you post it? That's the last game I want but I can't
seem to get it to work. I'm pretty sure I have the right files but it just exits back to the main menu.

Orion4874 said:
Has anyone been able to get Wasteland working on dosbox? If so can you post it? That's the last game I want but I can't
seem to get it to work. I'm pretty sure I have the right files but it just exits back to the main menu.

Wasteland is in Kasumi89's original post that made me want to test my own. It works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crookedmouth said:
Orion4874 said:

Wasteland is in Kasumi89's original post that made me want to test my own. It works.

That's an updated package, Wasteland isn't included in this one. Thanks anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back