A Pandora review by a long-time owner

I admit, that's a pretty stellar review. I'm not so happy with OP to date, the delays colored my initial experiences (my first unit arrived with dead nubs, second the screen died after a month, 4 months later I finally got my third unit and it has battery issues) rather negatively.

Initially I was glad for my unit, the disappointment of an effectively dead on arrival (back in the beginning of June) ultimately convinced me to shelve my desires until a working unit would arrive. While I waited for a reply I went ahead and tested what software I could, felt it would be a solid portable media player soon enough and showed it off a bit (to friends who, for the most part wanted one but either couldn't afford or couldn't wait).

When my second Pandora arrived I got excited again. After-all, everything seemed to work fine so I went through and tested a lot of things and started really getting into it. A couple of weeks later the screen started having issues, and less than a month from the day it arrived the touchscreen stopped responding so I had to send it in again.

Thanks to poor timing on my part, and the issues with the nubs I waited from about the end of September (when I shipped mine in) to a few weeks into January. Now that it's arrived again, and again has issues (mostly functional, appears the battery wasn't flashed correctly as I gather, so I can't tell it's current charge level) I've limited desire for my Pandora. I do greatly enjoy it, SNES emulation is a blast. Frogger shows a lot of promise, and overall the available homebrew games are wonderful to experience.

More than that, thanks to the wonderful battery I've found I can take the system off the charger in the morning, start playing tunes and just leave it on random/loop through the day and just put on my headphones & turn up the volume whenever I want to effectively tune into my own radio station. 14+ hours per charge, it's enough to convince me in the long run that not only was the device worth the money but that my efforts to convince others online to nab one is worthwhile. But the nagging delays, from the lengthy waits for replacement units to not yet managing a fully working unit has left me with doubts, and a rather low desire to market the system to others rather than do my best to downplay it's differences from existing devices on the market.

That got to be one of the best reviews, well dome Prom!

Now I'm waiting for that MegaMan novel, keep us posted! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back