A few questions from a n00b

Fubar

Still Fresh
Hi there!
Lately I saw a guy in my class with a GP32 and he told me some things about it and I ended up playing Day of the Tentacle for an hour. I was sold. I must get one of those babies.

But I'm reading some stuff here and I hear that the GP32 doesn't have a good SNES emu yet...

SO I have a few questions (since the FAQ doesn't work)

When I buy a GP32,

- Can I play all NES, SNES and GAMEBOY COLOR games around?

- Can I play mp3 files from the FlashCard?

Because then I definately want that piece of equipment.
And are there other things you can do that I MUST know?

tnx! :)

Yes Nes emulation is good a hand full of games are slightly slow. SNES Emu slow at the moment ok for RPG's though. Sorry cant comment on GBC. Yep you can play MP3's from your flash card it has a built in MP3 player. I hear new and updated SNES and NES emu's are just a few weeks away. :)

Hope this helps.

Depending on your age/gaming experiance you might not have heard about the Atari ST or PCengine. these are both emulated perfectly and are easily as good as the SNES and a great way to pass the time until you get a good SNES EMU and both have MASSIVE collecitons of games available.

The sound on Infones, the only NES emulator ive tried, is pretty bad but speed seems ok.Paperboy didn't run correctly though :(. Maybe Fnes has better sound?
PCEngine is actually pretty goodd, I'd neverp layed it but it kept me up last night

fnes blows infones away. right now fnes is full speed with frame skip on 1 and has the nester sound core, so its pretty damn nice. Im sure it will get released soon.

Do you mean the current Fnes or the incoming one. I am talking current only. And isnt that new fnes supposed to come out like this week or the next?

well i have a beta thats not been released yet, but its now an old beta...(the one with the old sound core) but its still great. the next one he will release will be just great...how does he find all the time to make all this stuff?!

This PCengine, I am not familliar with this Platform.
It isn't a DOS emu right?

Will I be able to play EG. Prince of Persia on my GP?

BTW, I'm 20 years old and I gre up with the gameboy, nes and snes... o, and DOS ofcourse :)
DANGEROUS DAVE BABY!!!

Back