A few Questions For Ordering a 1Ghz Pandora

Craig -- please just pay ED, I know you're busy with your Kickstarter... but I've been waiting 3 years now, for the love of God, chop chop. Thanks.

Nobody who stumped up 2x as much as an original preorder, should be having to wait, if manufacturer capacity is there... that's not a valid reason.

Ah come now, we know it's not that bad... people are getting pandoras from Craig, but the few of us 1ghz stragglers still waiting are just curious to know when.
I do appreciate your healthy outlook, I seriously do - I used to have such an outlook myself. I hope things turn out satisfactorily for you before you lose it.

Given the context, how is it 'not that bad'?

I'm simply trying to be positive, I don't want to be that guy who only comes on the forums to vent :) . This thread is gold for information though. There really is no excuse from a production/finance point of view (beyond slow bank transfers...)

So the positive person in me expects to see the Pandora very soon and once it arrives I'll send Craig a big thank you.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find a way to sort it out.

I can probably send him a bunch of units next week :)

Whats to sort out it's not a confusing topic? Craig has either paid or he hasn't paid. It is really looking like he hasn't paid and letting all the 1 Ghz preorders he has down.

We had to pay upfront and did so months ago, we were promised the units as soon as they were available and before they were available to the general public. Turns out it's as soon as he can be bothered paying for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, if I would have taken preorders I might just have paid ED upfront for the units to make sure they will be sent as soon as they are produced.

But maybe craig needed some funds for the icp2/p2 developement or the bank messed up the transfer. Who knows.

Yeah, if I would have taken preorders I might just have paid ED upfront for the units to make sure they will be sent as soon as they are produced.

But maybe craig needed some funds for the icp2/p2 developement or the bank messed up the transfer. Who knows.

Id be upset if funding for the icp2/p2 was taken out of the 1ghz pandora pool. Especially if it actually prevented those who had paid getting them asap. Fact remains we don't know what the problem is, at this point I dont really care beyond ill health or acts of god. Just a heads up why would be nice (and not having to wait until Monday unless Monday is nothing but great news for the rest of us pre-orderers.)

Please, let's not dredge up more concerns with speculation. We have plenty of posters that do that already, they have that base covered. :) Wait for the facts, then react. It's really the only fair way.

I have posted a question to Craig for him to give us an update which I believe is overdue. I understand he is currently occupied with Kickstarter, and I do sympathize on his situation as I find my own productivity maximized when I focus on one thing at a time.

However, there are far too many of his customers running wild on the forums due to lack of a proper understanding on where he is at. I want him to be transparent like ED and open up to us on what the status is. Doesn't have to be exact numbers, doesn't have to be a promised delivery date... like ED does it, approximations and educated guesses that are logically consistent. So we can view progress.

You can also just promise a nice update at a specific time in the future, this keeps posters faithful that you are aware of their concerns. So long as you follow up and post as promised, this is a good approach to buy yourself time if you are stretched thin presently.

If I don't get an answer or update on my question over the next week (this could be posts not directly to me but that satisfy my question), then I will proceed to post in the iCP and Pandora 2 Spam forums, and wherever else to elicit some kind of acknowledgement that he is working on this. I encourage everyone who is growing impatient to do the same in asking Craig to update us with the best knowledge he has presently, open discussion is what forums are for. Just please be civil about it, many if not most people that talk to Craig are too visceral to make any kind of real progress.

Sorry mods, warn or ban me as necessary, but I paid good money and sent in a functional CC unit for my promised upgrade, and I know others are sitting in similar or worse scenarios in terms of hopes, expectations, and dreams. I would really love to see him address the preorders too, a dual-purpose post would be ideal imho.

And sorry for the total threadjack. :unsure: Do carry on with the topic.

Well there are only 2 real options.

1) Craig has been slack and hasn't paid ED promptly.

2) Craig has cash flow problems and can't pay ED. Now you can speculate why he has cash flow issues but that means the money we gave him didn't go towards the pandora but something else.

Both scenarios are unacceptable in my book and I am extremely disappointed.

I know they are already priming it to blame it on a bank transfer delay but to be honest that is a load of horseshit. Also that excuse will wear thin very quickly, most banks have one day turnarounds for transfers regardless of the country of origin. Craig would send ED remittance that he is paid you know so ED can match payments with his accounts. It is pretty standard behavior in this day and age. Now ED could always wait for the funds to come through but he would have mentioned that Craig said something to him.

I have posted a question to Craig for him to give us an update which I believe is overdue. I understand he is currently occupied with Kickstarter, and I do sympathize on his situation as I find my own productivity maximized when I focus on one thing at a time.
Yeah he seems to be overexcited with KS but this is becoming rather typical of him to avoid questions he doesn't like. Out of 22 questions asked during last 3 months 8 are unanswered, I wonder what's the point of having this "ask questions" forum at all.

Yeah he seems to be overexcited with KS but this is becoming rather typical of him to avoid questions he doesn't like. Out of 22 questions asked during last 3 months 8 are unanswered, I wonder what's the point of having this "ask questions" forum at all.

Yeah I just notice he decided to skip that question bismuthdrummer posted and answer one that was made after it. Not exactly inspiring stuff.

Especially when it would take 2 minutes to clear things up.

Back