A few Pics of the GP32 running

pete_w

Still Fresh
Thought i would post a few pics of the GP32 running various things for anyone whos considering buying one or who is just curious to look at. Sorry about the smudges on the screen, haven't cleaned it for a while :D

http://www.fruitemu.co.uk/gp32.php?start=

Most of them are also available in the gallery @ www.retrochat.com if the above link is ever a bit slow.

hi,

great post!

quick question:

how have you got sonic to play full screen? is it the game gear rom? im assuming only gamegear roms will scale up. up to now i have only tried sms roms and they all play with a frame around them.

cheers
gary

gary posted on Apr 4 2003 said:
hi,

great post!

quick question:

how have you got sonic to play full screen? is it the game gear rom? im assuming only gamegear roms will scale up. up to now i have only tried sms roms and they all play with a frame around them.

cheers
gary
Yep, the Sonic is the Game Gear version which scales up nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
The index page greeted me with a ton of broken thumbnails, but the larger images load fine. Thanks for the insight, it would have been a great help if I was considering buying it :)

(Off-topic)
Also ... I see you've got DOTT running under ScummVM. Coincidentally I plan to run that, and Maniac Mansion, with ScummVM, and I'd be interested to know exactly what files I need to copy over? Everything but the .exe files?

Rico posted on Apr 4 2003 said:
(Off-topic)
Also ... I see you've got DOTT running under ScummVM. Coincidentally I plan to run that, and Maniac Mansion, with ScummVM, and I'd be interested to know exactly what files I need to copy over? Everything but the .exe files?
I copied over the .LFL files, the monster.sou file, the maniac.ovl file and the tentacle.00x files and it worked fine. Not sure if you need all these though lol.

These were from the floppy version btw although hopefully i will be able to track down the cd version and use the sou - mp3 converter thing to get the file sizes down low enough to fit on my SM card (although i'm not sure whether support for this is available in the current gp32 build of ScummVM atm).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the CD version, it's not much larger. It takes up 13.7 mb on disk. From your post I have the same files + four .ims files: roland, null, adlib,
gmidi.ims. They take up 81.6 KB in total.

Since those sound drivers only take up that tiny amount of space, the sound must be stored elsewhere. tentacle.001 is huge, it must be that. So maybe you have the sound files after all. If you want the ims files too, PM or mail me and I'll send them to you.

I have heard that all you need are the .00x files to run from ScummVM, the other files are part of Maniac Mansion (which is hidden within the game) -- can't be sure, I'll check when I get my GP32 tomorrow ;)

Thanks tho, Rico

p.s. Sound works with ScummVM, doesn't it?

The size of the one i've got is about the same, all the sound is stored in the monster.sou file and works just fine. The CD version i was referring to was the 'talkie' version that has complete speech which is about 200mb in size.

From what I've heard monster.sou contains the sound/voices. Converting to MP3 may eventually work, but the current GP version of ScummVM does NOT support that. Ph0x and someone from ScummVM have been doing some work on the port, hopefully soon. Search the forum for more info, its been on previous posts.

What emulator is it that's running Rick Dangerous? One of my all-time favorite platformers! Been playing it on the speecy emulator on my pocket PC, but now I've ordered my GP32 today, I'm looking ofrward to another version.....

Which one is it?

Back