A couple of questions

tix

Still Fresh
A couple of questions :

1) Is there a compatibility list for gpengine ?
2) Some games in gpengine seems to freeze my gp32, for example 'Daimakaimura, 1941 and others' I cant return to the menu so i must switch it off and on again !!!
3) A flickery screen is a symptom of low battery ??????????
4) Is there a way to stretch the display to fill the whole screen ?

Can you help ?
Thank you !

1) I dunno
2) How far in 1941, it works for me, and are you sure that you are on 133MhZ, not 156/166?
3) Yes, but it can also mean (very unlikley) that you have a defective unit, but first try new battries. Another thing that it could be is that you are overclocking too much (no public releases overclock too much unless you tell them to AFAIK so don't worry unless you set to above 133MhZ, which can be bad for GP)
4) Don't think so

1) Not that I know of. Most games work except CD games and SGX (Super Graphix, see below). But there are always exceptions! Try changing the US/Japanese option to the correct one if a game has problems, it sometimes helps.

2) Daimakaimura is a SGX, Super Graphix, game, which isn't supported. Sucks, I love the series. Until a MAME release is out for the originals (or full-speed SNES for Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts), the best version I've found is on the Atari ST... still lacking, but better than nothing. One of the 194x games is a SGX game as well, not sure if its 1941.

3) Probably batteries

4) There isn't any option to stretch the screen. There is a very long thread on this... the reason some games take up the full screen is that there are two resolutions the PCEngine could use... one take up the whole GP32 screen, the other (more commonly used) doesn't. Search for the thread if you want more details!

Back