A Couple Of Questions...

birdofprey

Website
www.dontcallmeginger.co.uk
1) I assume (because otherwise the other Gameparks would have nothing to link to) that to use the wireless GPlink between, say, 4 GP's, each owner needs one, not just 1 between the 4?

2) This is an example question to stick with me...

I'm away with my digital camera, which takes smartmedia cards, and take some photos. Is there a way to view these photos with my GP without having to go home, transfer them to pc then to my formatted card? I assume a card needs to be formatted for the Gamepark before you can view imges from it?

Thanks

1) I assume (because otherwise the other Gameparks would have nothing to link to) that to use the wireless GPlink between, say, 4 GP's, each owner needs one, not just 1 between the 4?
Correct. :)

2) This is an example question to stick with me...

I'm away with my digital camera, which takes smartmedia cards, and take some photos. Is there a way to view these photos with my GP without having to go home, transfer them to pc then to my formatted card? I assume a card needs to be formatted for the Gamepark before you can view imges from it?
Can't say that for every camera. Some work, others dont. Make sure your camera accepts 3.3V SMCs (as they are the only ones the GP32 can use). Maybe you are lucky and either the GP32 can read the filesystem of the camera, or otherway around. - But I would not bet on it.

1. one rf link for evry gp, max 4 gps per channel, 4 channel's

2. as long as the pictures are jpg the shouldnt be a problem, try putting the standart dirs on it (gpmm game gpsys mp3). if it dosnt work try formating the smc in gp and than use it in your cam

This is exactlly why I created JpegView. I have an Olympus camera that uses SmartMedia, and it uses a FAT format. I can set up the card on the GP32 with JpegView on it. Then, just put it in the camera and take pictures. When you put it back in the GP32, you can view the pictures.

I think this works with other JPG viewer programs for the GP32, also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done it before on my friends camera. Forgot the model though. I used the image viewer that can be found at http://www.gp32eu.com/. The only problem is if you have a large megapixel camera, your gonna have to do alot of scrolling ;) .

Cheers.
The old korean version had an auto-resize, this one doesn't? Still it may not be a good idea with a huge photo, the resize should look crappy :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Downsizing an image that's too big to fit on a GP32 screen shouldn't look too bad (assuming aspect ratio is maintained), especially if it's resampled down. Whether implementing this is worth the effort would be debatable. How many people would take the images immediately from a camera without uploading to a PC (for cropping, tidying and rotating first)?

Back