A Clue That Mweston Might Have His Prototype...

Vorporeal

Yes, no, I, this is.
Website
Visit site
I posted this in the thread about the latest video in the News section, but I thought a topic here would be good.

Looking through MWeston's photobucket account (accessed via a photo put up by Chip (IIRC) showing there would be lanyard/wrist strap holes), I noticed this interesting picture...

CODE
http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MWeston_2007/?action=view&current=DSC01107.jpg

This photo was posted to his Photobucket on Mar. 20 - yesterday. Looks like he's got two prototype cases in his hands... I'm excited. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's already up on

CODE

http://openpandora.wordpress.com/

Either way, here's hoping for a video this weekend :D

'Butterman' said:
It's already up on

CODE

http://openpandora.wordpress.com/
Either way, here's hoping for a video this weekend :D

Because Gruso saw my original post. :D

MWeston's wasn't shipped until after they were shipped to the other devs because the clear light pipes weren't ready. We knew that it had been shipped already, but nobody had said that they had arrived. Looks like we now have confirmation that they have, and that he's actually got two of them.

Anyone else want to see two-Pandora multiplayer/IRC/something epic?

Hey there.

Yes prototypes arrived yesterday. Friday was the day I predicted. Apparently customs hung on to the package an extra day and opened it up for inspection. I guess they needed a sneak peak at Pandora before everyone else. :p

I have pages and pages of design changes and specifications to verify with the case before I actually put it together and use it. That will take a bit of time first. On video it won't look much different than the black case, perhaps less crunching of the battery door. ;)

Awesome - exactly what I wanted to hear.

One question - will this be untethered (running on battery power)?

Great!
So you only have to get ABXY buttons and you're ready to make a video...
I suggest you to spend less time in showing the device itself (that can be done with pictures) and show more software running.
Thank you...

P.S: PSX emulation? (if it's usable of course :D)

I will run this one on the battery. (EDIT: Now I can take this over to a friends place, whip it out of my pocket and just play it! :D)

I also have the ABXY,etc buttons. Fatih gave me his. The cases were shipped in two shipments and the first one (his) had buttons. He gave them up for me to use.

'Vorporeal' said:
o_O

On a scale of 1-10, this next week is going to be rated at EPIC.
It's going to be legendary without a pause!
Nice to hear these news MW, we are all just as eager to hear and see every little progress right now, so your updates are very - no, rather - extremely appreciated!

Whoohooo! There's finally one guy on the entire planet who have a complete Pandora laying around. That movie that we all have been waiting for is really close now.

'MWeston' said:
I have pages and pages of design changes and specifications to verify with the case before I actually put it together and use it. That will take a bit of time first. On video it won't look much different than the black case, perhaps less crunching of the battery door. ;)
Good to hear. :)

I couldn't help but notice that in the "new back" picture on your album, it looks like the two sides don't quite line up exactly.

s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MWeston_2007/?action=view&current=DSC01110.jpg

I'm not expert, so I don't know if it's just me or what. :ph34r:

zomgz
i'm sooo excited... last few steps
mweston, do you have the final keypad? or the blank one?

f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...

Back