_wb_ 1GHz unit unboxing

_wb_

Microbe
Staff member
This weekend I ordered a TV out cable and a 1GHz unit. On Monday I got an email saying it was shipped, and this morning (Tuesday) it arrived!

Here's an unboxing video:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/CkoCBbl7w0g?feature=oembed

You see me struggle with the packaging (haha), showing System Info with a small display bug in the model info screen (only on 1GHz units), fixing the bug, showing NubNub and Microbes while it compiles, and showing the fixed System Info.

You run everything through midnight commander?, Looks cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice vid, i'd be interested in seeing what NubNub and Microbes look like through the TV-out if you have time to make another vid sometime.

I've never seen someone sooooo eager with a knife! :p

I'm surprised that the Pandora box was only wrapped in newspaper. Wot no bubblewrap? :(

You're a man of many words _wb_ :p

B)

nice vid, i'd be interested in seeing what NubNub and Microbes look like through the TV-out if you have time to make another vid sometime.
Yes, I have the cable, now I just need to figure out a way to record the signal.

I'm still amazed about the speed of delivery: I ordered on Sunday, it was shipped on Monday, it arrived on Tuesday.

Yes, I have the cable, now I just need to figure out a way to record the signal.

I'm still amazed about the speed of delivery: I ordered on Sunday, it was shipped on Monday, it arrived on Tuesday.
That's super quick!

I ordered mine last Saturday. Hoping to get it soon, so I to can join in the wonders of unboxing:)

Last edited by a moderator:
You look more evil genius-y then I thought you would. :D   Still cool seeing one being unboxed.  :wub:  Gives a fool like me a better sense of what's in the box.. and seeing the unit being used was also helpful.  :)  This video actually helped me.  :blink:  who would have thought?

_wb_, i wouldn't like to be knife-ripped by you because it would not be a clean job :/ .

Why is everybody commenting on my looks? ;)

My girlfriend/wife was holding the camera, I assumed she would aim it at my hands but she held the camera in portrait and filmed my face too. If I was planning to appear on camera, I would have shaved ;)

Anyway, I'm glad I have two Pandoras now - so I don't have to feel naked when something goes wrong with one of them :)

Your flyer is bigger than mine :(

It's always funny how you can recognise an old Pandora user just looking at the loving way of inserting the battery :D

Back