GP2X 4-player Mariokart On Gp2x Possible With The Breakout Board?

murak

Website
www.em-rocks.com
Quick Q: Can you play 2-3-4-player games on any current emus for the GP2X with a couple of USB joysticks plugged in to the breakout board? I suppose its doable if you can code, but is it currently supported?

Quick yes or no will be fine. Thanks.

No... current emulators don't support joysticks plugged into the breakout board.

When was the last time you looked at an SNES? Mine has two controller ports. :D

Thanks for the quick reply! And yes :rolleyes: , Ive been playing to much on my GBA, totaly forgot that original MarioKart did not have 4p support. Boy is my face red :D
Still, 2p on my tv would be nice, since my snes is long gone.

You should play Mariokart DS. I didn't put that game down for a week.

Never could find anyone to play it with though. :(

I still have my SNES. I can play it on the TV with my friend :p

michaeljustman posted on Aug 4 2006 at 05:49 PM said:
No... current emulators don't support joysticks plugged into the breakout board.

Wow that would be cool if all emulators did support that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blah posted on Aug 4 2006 at 02:06 PM said:
I'm not buying a BoB until someone implements this functionality in some emulator.

TelcoLou posted on Aug 4 2006 at 07:46 PM said:
I'm not buying a BoB until someone implements this functionality in some emulator and they get a better BOB that doesn't suck ass and look like a motherboard.

So when the BoB in the case is released then?

It would be really good to play with up to 4/5 players in my favorite games.

Super Bomberman, Mario Kart (2p only), Mortal Kombat 3 (2p only)...

Hell yeah, Quake with keyboard and mouse. But I'm still waiting for the cased version, and perhaps for the price to go down (shipping from China is expensive).

TelcoLou posted on Aug 5 2006 at 03:57 AM said:
Where the hell is our dumb-ass-user version of the BOB???
I want dumb-ass-user version too! I like it when I feel certain I can touch it without either electrocuting myself or breaking something off.

Jarska333 posted on Aug 5 2006 at 02:49 AM said:
michaeljustman posted on Aug 4 2006 at 06:49 PM said:

Mine too, but...

http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/...ermultitap.html

4 player Bomberman was fun, I hear.

Ooooh... I admit my ignorance of this aspect of my favorite system... I didn't even know. Does ZSNES support the supermultitap on the PC?

Blah posted on Aug 5 2006 at 03:02 AM said:
Hell yeah, Quake with keyboard and mouse. But I'm still waiting for the cased version, and perhaps for the price to go down (shipping from China is expensive).

so u want to play quake with keyboard and a mouse?

I guess buying a gp2x and a BoB is ur only option...
or use the computer u were sitting at when u wrote that message :p

Why yes, I do play it on this computer. I just think it might be cool to see. I dunno. Certainly not worth $50+ of course.

If you're gonna play Quake on the PC, I recommend GLQuake, the latest version is really great and uses a lot of the newer cards' power to push up the frames per second. Also adds simple fog effects, from what I remember.

If you play Quake 2 on the PC, I highly recommend the "Quake II Evolved" version. It adds so much more to the Quake2 game.... Better menu, better graphics options, much better sound compatibility, simple EAX I think, more OpenGL stuff, OGG support, etc.... It's a blast.

Winterkid posted on Aug 7 2006 at 11:43 AM said:
If you're gonna play Quake on the PC, I recommend GLQuake, the latest version is really great and uses a lot of the newer cards' power to push up the frames per second. Also adds simple fog effects, from what I remember.

GLQuake is ooldd (like atleast five years). It doesn't support any of the features in even an old Geforce card, let alone something newer. If you still play Quake online (which you should, since it's still an absolutely cracking game) you should have a look a FuhQuake. Looks and runs great. If you're just playing the single player mode, you should try either Tenebrae or Darkplaces, which make Quake look almost like Doom 3.

TelcoLou posted on Aug 4 2006 at 06:57 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Aug 4 2006 at 07:46 PM said:
I'm not buying a BoB until someone implements this functionality in some emulator.

Ladies and Gentlemn ... we have a winnah!!!!!

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=30724

Where the hell is our dumb-ass-user version of the BOB???
That is a port, not an emulator.

And the dumb-ass-user version of the BoB is on my desk, I made it myself :ph34r: :ph34r: :p :) .

Techfreak and others are working on it, I wish someone would bite the bullet and release a TV-Out cable with the USB as a dongle on the cord, it is completely do-able, and should only cost ~$10 or 5£ more.

Back