3D Third-person game

Perusa

Wha' do i need to make a 3D Third-person game for the Pandora?
It's not like i will do one. I just want to know. :)
Can you tell me ? 

xD

yes.

I want to know the possibilties of the Pandora. If it is easy to make a 3d game than mabey i give it a try. :)

3D models.

Programming skill. :p

Joking aside, this is a really difficult question to answer. It's like you're asking "how do I make food? Food that is cooked." It's a very generic question and you're not going to get a very specific answer. You need your ingredients (3D models), you need some utensils (OpenGL, SDL, etc...) and you need some experience at putting ingredients into the utensils in just the right way to produce whatever it is you're trying to make.

Irrlicht and Ogre were ported some time ago and might be useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
thx that helps a little bit.

I want to use directx and compile everything with visual studios. How do i make 3d Models? :)

thx that helps a little bit.

I want to use directx and compile everything with visual studios. How do i make 3d Models? :)
You better use Irrlicht. It run quite well on the Pandora and on many other System. DirectX is for Windows.

I want to use directx and compile everything with visual studios.
Don't. It won't be compatible with the Pandora. Visual Studio does not (easily) cross compile for Linux, and DirectX absolutely will not work.
How do i make 3d Models? :)
Blender is pretty good, extremely powerful but has a very steep learning curve. We're talking years to master. If you're serious about doing it, you'll be much better off finding an artist to work with (ie, pay them!). There are already tonnes of artists that have produced models you can license, some for very cheap, and a Google search returns a few different results for free models you can use. If the free models work, great. If your game becomes something big though you'll definitely want to seek an artist to make models specifically for it, but I'm sure that's quite some time in the future.

ok. Forgot it that Directx just for windows. :eek:

thx i try irrlicht. :)

@WizardStan

Don't see your post. :)

Blender? Yes, heard about it. I don't plan anything big now. I just want to try something. :)
For Models i use free than. thx. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back