32gb Class 4 Card For Panda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuu

Still Fresh
Offtopic question: Will the pandora's sdhc card reader support 64gb sdhc's? i mean is it future proof?

Ontopic question:

I found a 32gb class 4 kingston for £45/$52 including shipping. HERE

There you go guys n gals beat that price :)

question is does this smell fishy to u ?

FAKE. But got my money back without saying a word, once the merchant recieved his stock and realised the wholesaler sold him fake goods then he refunded my payment :D

E-mail from seller said:
xxxx xxxxx (xxxxxxx@xxxxxx.ca) has issued a full refund for your payment.

Message from merchant: Since all items received from wholesaler thursday are faked items, I learned only yesterday night and this morning, I did file a complaint to the RCMP (equivalent of FBI).

I am very sorry for the inconvenient.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------
Original payment details:
----------------------------------------------------------------

Date payment sent: 5 Jan. 2009
Amount: $126.98 USD
Yours sincerely,
PayPal

i fail at ebay :p guess it was too good to be true..

-ryu

Edit: link you

Edit2: got e-mail

Last edited by a moderator:
The software driver for the card reader might be able to be modified to allow it to read the next generation cards. If that is possible this time around, you can bet that they or one of the devs will make that happen.

I don't typically trust much of anything on ebay unless I have good reason to. That Kingston card is $130 cheaper then on NewEgg which usually has the best prices on flash memory so I doubt that I'd take the chance. It might end up being someone selling a 16gb card who just so happened to mark it wrong or so they say.

yeah, I got a 16GB, I doubt I would use that much on a portable device, I mean, nearly having the roms for EVERY Nintendo device is just around 14GB last I checked

Na you didnt add in the Gamecube And Wii games there Technically roms (Read Only Memory)

Frogboy said:
The software driver for the card reader might be able to be modified to allow it to read the next generation cards. If that is possible this time around, you can bet that they or one of the devs will make that happen.

I don't typically trust much of anything on ebay unless I have good reason to. That Kingston card is $130 cheaper then on NewEgg which usually has the best prices on flash memory so I doubt that I'd take the chance. It might end up being someone selling a 16gb card who just so happened to mark it wrong or so they say.
Well i ended up buying 2 (nearly bought 4 :p) he has 100% positive feedback and the feedback about the card confirms that it is a 32gb check yourself.

i was wrong the feedback is about a 16gb card ¬¬ F%*k erm if i do end up getting a 16gb card paypal will rescue me :p

Edit: checked again

I've been told to be wary of those sold on ebay/amazon as apparently there are fakes going about.

I'd never touch eBay, Amazon Marketplace, PlayTrade, or any other such service, for flash-memory... :eek: The fakery problem has been going on since at least 2005 (though some reports suggest that it may even date back to 2003).

As an aside, anyone wanting more information about the whole fake and counterfeit flash "plague" should edumafy themselves at SOSFakeFlash (or any of the related FrankenFlash Project mirror sites), particularly with this guide, and its follow-up (other handy utilities there include listings of known sellers of fake flash, and utilities and guides to test and repair affected devices). :p

its pointless buying any flash memory now if you want it for pandora, since pandora wont be shipping for probably 3 or 4 months and the price will almost have halved by then. wait til pandora is in the post, then buy some memory.

Yeah, I earlier made the mistake of buying cards from ebay and its not worth it. You end up with products with very limited reliability and no warranty.

well he has buyer protection so i guess i can rest assured :/ i also bought me Sennheiser cx500's through ebay some time ago and did the whole package check using a guide to see if they were genuine and yup seems i bought em from a honest seller. I'll do the same with the sd's when they arrive ill do a package check then if they pass ill open them up if not then ill open dispute.

for sure you can buy a lot of stuff from ebay safely. I've bought headphones etc. regularly and I plan to put money to a a3 printer from england one of these days. Flash memory is however problematic, there are plenty of fakes and for me pqi didn't reply once I told them I had bought my card from ebay when I was trying to get warranty to work.

well just did some more research into the matter and seems i may be able to simply do a package check thus making a refund easier if it does turn out fake hopefully not. but anyway if the package does turn out genuine i will always do performance tests till i am sure they are real :unsure:

The price of the 32GB SDHC cards has been coming down.

When I ordered my Pandora, I opted for x3 16GB SDHC cards from ebay they came from all over the place but were all class 6 which at the time meant they were faster than the class 4 devices

If you can get a class 6 32GB SDHC reasonably cheap (in the UK they are around £60 each minimum) against my x3 16GB cards which came in at around £45

====
gp32_console + :gp2x and Hopefully soon a :pandora1:

http://gp2xwizandpandora.blogspot.com/

Ryuu said:
well just did some more research into the matter and seems i may be able to simply do a package check thus making a refund easier if it does turn out fake hopefully not. but anyway if the package does turn out genuine i will always do performance tests till i am sure they are real :unsure:
Let us know how you get on, My fingers are crossed that they're genuine.

gibberish said:
its pointless buying any flash memory now if you want it for pandora, since pandora wont be shipping for probably 3 or 4 months and the price will almost have halved by then. wait til pandora is in the post, then buy some memory.
I'd say more like 1 month, but i agree with everything else. I'm too going to buy mine the moment i hear the first lot started shipping...

:)

Ryuu said:
Offtopic question: Will the pandora's sdhc card reader support 64gb sdhc's? i mean is it future proof?
As far as anyone knows, yes, it should be future proof. The capacity of the card is determined by up to 22 status bits, where only up to 16 are in use now (for the 32GB cards). There is only one way to increase the capacity, and that is to start using the extra bits (above 16, currently not used). The Linux kernel SDHC driver already checks all the 22 bits, so it should be future-proofed up to the theoretical max. of 2TB.

Tor said:
Ryuu said:
As far as anyone knows, yes, it should be future proof. The capacity of the card is determined by up to 22 status bits, where only up to 16 are in use now (for the 32GB cards). There is only one way to increase the capacity, and that is to start using the extra bits (above 16, currently not used). The Linux kernel SDHC driver already checks all the 22 bits, so it should be future-proofed up to the theoretical max. of 2TB.

thnx thats good to know linux ftw XD

I think Ill be going the opposite direction. I'll be buying a small (maybe 4 GB) card but very fast (20 or 30 MB/s).

I hope the eBay stuff works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back