280mhz Mk1 'first Edition' Units

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
When the MK1 'First Edition' came out some arrived with faulty headphone sockets.

We sent them all off to GPH to be repaired.

We only just got them back (seriously after over a year!).

But they have upgraded them to a sort of MK1.5 with the new cap, the screens mounted new boxes etc.

Anyway can't sell them via the website with them being mk1 first editions.

They all clock to 280mhz+ (some of them goto 300mhz) and we have 10.

They are on ebay if you want one and they are all stamped with the 'First Edition' logo. They are brand new and come with 1 year warranty. £75 each.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

Would make a good mame/arcade box, media box etc?

This is a really good opportunity for those who have low overclocking gp2x's.
Buy one of these and sell the other on ebay ;)

sand_man said:
This is a really good opportunity for those who have low overclocking gp2x's.
Buy one of these and sell the other on ebay ;)
Maybe not so good idea for MK2 owners like me.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
But they have upgraded them to a sort of MK1.5 with the new cap, the screens mounted new boxes etc.
Craig,

Apologies for my ignorance :blush: but after those upgrades that you've given it, what would be the main differences between those "MK1.5" and the MK2?

Thanks!
Pedro

Last edited by a moderator:
Reflex - screen was changed - the MK1 or MK1.5 had a better screen - slightly blurry (nicer), and better viewing angle. Joystick was unrotated, so had the original problems with not being able to reliably move the joystick where you want it to go in a game (pain!) - make your own D-pad mod as people (inc me) have done in the past - no issues then. No other important changes - apart from its probably incompatibility with the new cradle (not enough power).

Back