28 Weeks Later

saehn

Graphician
Website
www.myspace.com
I just saw "28 Weeks Later"... it was awesome. If you liked the prequel, I think you'll like this episode. Of course, it sets up for "28 Months Later: Le Zombie", but I am very happy to wait patiently for that installment. In the meantime I will be satisfied with my future wife's new movie, "Resident Evil: Extinction". I think that the little girl (Imogen Poots) will probably grow up to be a model or something.

Yup, I saw the coming attractions for RE: Extinction the other day and now I can't friggin wait. I'm a huge fan of the video game series, and the films thus far have been quite good. Granted, they aren't exactly the same. Still quite entertaining though.

I HIGHLY recomment Disturbia. It's the first movie I've seen in a looooooooong time that didn't rely on the special effects to attract people. It was incredibly suspenseful, and turned out to be 100 times better than I expected. I real old fashioned thriller, good story-line (albeit a little like Rear Window, but only loosely based, like Texas Chainsaw is "loosely based" on that one guy who killed a couple people ages ago...), acting that was better than the vast majority of films out today (Shia LaBeouf was top of his game in this), and it didn't end totally far-fetched or totally weak and anti-climactic.

Seriously, go see it!

I also intend to see 28 Weeks at some point...

Oh yeah, zombie movies! Love them. 28 Weeks Days Later was one of the better ones, I really liked those ultra aggressive zombies. Haven't heard of that RE movie yet... now where's my damn IMDB bookmark :D

28 days later was one of my favorite movies. I don't know if 28 weeks later is out in Germany already... I think I need to watch this.

I loved 28 days later (well until they reached that house at the end then it went downhill) so i was really looking forward to this. Some very good moments, the zombies appear to be much nastier.

Nice idea about the plague has gone so theyre putting people back into London. Cant quite put my finger on it, i didnt leave the cinema thinking 'great great film'. Wasnt bad but just not as good as the earlier film

It was ok.

First 15mins best i've seen in a cinema in years. My hand was shaking when i reached for popcorn through pure awesomeness.

Then the film went down down down hill.

Shame.

Best zombie movie i've seen in the cinema was still the dawn remake. 28 days was pretty good but like you say got a bit 'odd' when they got to the house.

That's funny, I thought the DotD remake was very good and obviously I liked 28WL. My least favorite zombie movie was probably Return of the Living Dead, and even that I like... plus, Trash takes her clothes off.

I haven't even bothered with zombie flicks I didn't think I'd like, like the Evil Dead series or some crap like Astro-Zombies. I like my zombies serious, thank you very much.

Wait a second, I forgot how much I disliked Land of the Dead. Very disappointing, I liked that even less than RotLD.

Look, in my eyes, the original Night of the Living Dead will always be the greatest of all time. I mean, the movie all the way through was sheer awesomeness, and then the end....omg, what a crazy twist. It totally sealed the movie up and threw it up on the pedestal where it clearly belongs.

Can't top that no matter how much blood or screaming hotties you throw in :rolleyes:

I'll just add this:

The only movie that has EVER kept me from sleeping is Wolf Creek.

I don't want to give away any of the plot details here, but the movie left me super-pissed off for several hours, while my wife barely made it throught the end before falling asleep. :p

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Look, in my eyes, the original Night of the Living Dead will always be the greatest of all time. I mean, the movie all the way through was sheer awesomeness, and then the end....omg, what a crazy twist. It totally sealed the movie up and threw it up on the pedestal where it clearly belongs.
28DL is my #1; it was the most realistic, IMO. NotLD 1968 was great, but I liked NotLD 1990 even better. Good cinematography and atmospherics in the 1968 version, but Barbara '68 is just too weak.

Last edited by a moderator:
wolly wotsit said:
Just been to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Now THAT'S a movie!
Ech, don't highjack this thread with that overproduced schlock. I enjoyed the first one, but the second one disappointed me and I don't expect much more from the third.

...back to zombies. Here's a cool little Flash game I found the other night: The Last Stand. Might be good for a rewrite in Fenix or something. More zombie Flash games here: http://gamebalance.blogspot.com/2007/04/om...lash-games.html

Shaun of the dead was fucking awful. The fact that it ended up being less funny than the film it attempted to satirise really disturbs me.

saehn said:
wolly wotsit said:
Just been to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Now THAT'S a movie!
Ech, don't highjack this thread with that overproduced schlock. I enjoyed the first one, but the second one disappointed me and I don't expect much more from the third.

...back to zombies. Here's a cool little Flash game I found the other night: The Last Stand. Might be good for a rewrite in Fenix or something. More zombie Flash games here: http://gamebalance.blogspot.com/2007/04/om...lash-games.html

This thread is hereby the official Zombie vs Pirates thread. Who will win?

Back