2700mah Rechargeable Aas

Gah those are tempting, but I highly doubt they will last very long because I have never heard of that brand. Still want them though.

reallynotnick posted on Dec 31 2005 at 05:19 AM said:
Gah those are tempting, but I highly doubt they will last very long because I have never heard of that brand. Still want them though.

Plus they look cheap. I am happy with my 8 photo batteries from Varta @ 2600mAh anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shane posted on Dec 31 2005 at 05:14 PM said:
Well at why not try to mod one of these http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3761

You know, at 60 dollars you might as well make one out of two high rated batteries and an home made adaptor. Plus it's from the lik-sang, who have condemned themselves to a life of gp32x ridicule. :)

Allan.

I found some extremely inexpensive 2600mah batteries as well, but I didn't think to mention them, 'cause I thought some people already had them.

EDIT: Gaa, I can't find them now.

These are supposed to perform rather well, though (they're trying to prove it with a graph).

I am going to try a lithium-ion rechargeable CRV3 battery when I get my GP2X. Although they have lower mAh they apparently last longer than NiMh batteries for high drain things (like the GP2x) according to all of the things I have read on the net.

Edit: If not I will get some Ansmann 2600mAh

:eek:

Anyone checked these out?

2800 mah???

Are these fakes or something???

EDIT:

Read up on people's opinions on rechargeables. Seems it's generally agreed that Sanyo NiMH batteries are the highest quality NiMH batteries out there...

Supposedly, their 2500 mah batteries can last a bit longer than other brands at higher mah.

There are some for sale here.

Does anyone know of a good UK based battery seller, either on the 'net or shops? I tried budgetbatteries.com which someone recommended in another thread, but at the moment they are sold out of the batteries and recharger I was looking at...

I'm looking for some good rechargable AAs (as high a mah capacity(?) as possible within the bounds of what GP2X will take, and of course that they actually last for a reasonable amount of time in the GP2X), and a good recharger to go with them. I do have a battery recharger here, but it is an ancient thing (and I mean that- we've had it for at least 8 years, probably longer), and according to the product descriptions on the batteries, this might mean I need to charge them twice...

Hanz™ posted on Dec 31 2005 at 05:45 PM said:
I am going to try a lithium-ion rechargeable CRV3 battery when I get my GP2X. Although they have lower mAh they apparently last longer than NiMh batteries for high drain things (like the GP2x) according to all of the things I have read on the net.

Edit: If not I will get some Ansmann 2600mAh

Lithum based batteries have higher power densities. They will work longer at the same size but I personally dislike them. Not that cheap, they degrade with time faster than NiMH and they needs more care too. They are best in custom appliances like cellphones or design made specifically to carry them imho. And thought Li-Ions are quite safe now it isn't that difficult to make them explode (overcharge and overheat and you might get nice boom).

But surely why (joking) settle with puny chemical batteries when there were military grade atomic ones available for years? Only up to 4-5 hours of working? Solution is so easy... put in some plutonium or even strontium and years (if not teens) of nonstop power quaranteed! :p

Does anyone know of a good UK based battery seller, either on the 'net or shops? I tried budgetbatteries.com which someone recommended in another thread, but at the moment they are sold out of the batteries and recharger I was looking at...

I'm looking for some good rechargable AAs (as high a mah capacity(?) as possible within the bounds of what GP2X will take, and of course that they actually last for a reasonable amount of time in the GP2X), and a good recharger to go with them. I do have a battery recharger here, but it is an ancient thing (and I mean that- we've had it for at least 8 years, probably longer), and according to the product descriptions on the batteries, this might mean I need to charge them twice...

You could try 7dayshop, that's where I get mine from.

i ordered some ansmann 2600 digital rechargables and an ansmann photocam3 charger from this place.
came to around £25-£30 for both including postage.
the charger is micro processor controllled so it will fully charge then 'trickle' charge when its full. can also just top up half used ones too.
havent got them yet (or my gp2x) due to the bloody bank holidays!

I found some 2800 mah batteries on ebay, but they are from some store in Hong Kong so not sure how good they are, plus they are a generic name. I might still snag em just to check em out and let people know how good they are.

Back