2 hours installation for LibreOffice

Peter

Still Fresh
Hello,

I got my Pandora today and i wanted to install some apps. First was Chromium Browser (wich i will remove later) wich took 10 minutes to install wich is long but was ok for me.

Now i wanted to install libreoffice.... It took 2 hours and still counting. Is that normal? I already tried by restarting the device 3 hours ago.

Best regards,

Peter

How did you install it?

PND Manager?

Don't use Pandora wifi for so big files.

Ethernet is your friend.

Or simply download with big computer and put the PND into SD > Pandora > menu.

I think i wil try that one because 2 hours over wifi is long. Altho I will have to do it manually.

Where will I find these Packages?

yep over wifi it can take a long time i would just dl all your pnd's on a pc and then copy ovey to your sd card also would read up on the wiki for a lot of start up info. pnd's need to be put in the right place on your sd. and gratz on getting your unit

Thx,

I used tha app to make the folders for me^^ for me who uses Linux since I was 13 it was really easy to get started

nice i never used linux lol but so far love it. think the 1st time i used the pnd downloader it was Battle For Wesnoth great game but 340mb not sure how long it took went outside and big-leafing for awail was glade to see it didn't freezz tho

You don't need any Linux knowledge to make 4 folders and copy stuff inside ;) .

I just used a Qupzilla browser and went to repo.openpandora.org on the pandora, and searched for libreoffice.

Then downloaded it directly to media/sd-card/pandora/menu. The download took less than 5 minutes, and when completed it was ready to run from the menu.

This was by using the wifi on the 1ghz pandora. I was at a fast wireless network, I guess at my home network it would take a bit longer to download.

there is a Terminal command "sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off" that will turn the power saver for the wifi off and make downloading over wifi acceptable.

Back