1st day with my Pandy, I'm impressed ..

pcp

Still Fresh
Ok, first let me say that I am really impressed. My Pandora's finish is perfect. There are no cracks, gaps, "bends" or similar stuff I've read about. The d-pad is wonderful, the ABXY buttons are great and every single keyboard key works perfectly.

.. There's only one thing that slightly pisses me off more and more; my left nub. The first 30 minutes or so I spent with my new Pandora it worked, but every time I pushed it towards left I could hear a "clicking" sound. After using it for a while though, the left nub's "left" direction has almost died. The cursor moves fast/normal "up" "down" and "right", but when I press the nub to the left then it hardly moves at all (it moves very slowly).

It's definitely registering, but it doesn't "accelerate", so my guess is that my left nub doesn't register all the way to the left like it should.

So, what should I do? Is it easy to access the nubs and "fix" them?

Thanks! :)

Ok, first let me say that I am really impressed. My Pandora's finish is perfect. There are no cracks, gaps, "bends" or similar stuff I've read about. The d-pad is wonderful, the ABXY buttons are great and every single keyboard key works perfectly.

.. There's only one thing that slightly pisses me off more and more; my left nub. The first 30 minutes or so I spent with my new Pandora it worked, but every time I pushed it towards left I could hear a "clicking" sound. After using it for a while though, the left nub's "left" direction has almost died. The cursor moves fast/normal "up" "down" and "right", but when I press the nub to the left then it hardly moves at all (it moves very slowly).

It's definitely registering, but it doesn't "accelerate", so my guess is that my left nub doesn't register all the way to the left like it should.

So, what should I do? Is it easy to access the nubs and "fix" them?

Thanks! :)

You could also try resetting to default the nub-settings. Those can be found in the Nub app.

Thanks again for the tips guys. It's funny, but I shut off my Pandy for a little while last night and turned it back on when I went to bed; - and guess what? The nubs were working perfectly! I guess it was a calibration issue then and not a hardware issue. :) Very happy now!

Just an update: my nubs are perfect now. I just spent 1 hour playing Quake 2 and they're really, really great. :)

Just an update: my nubs are perfect now. I just spent 1 hour playing Quake 2 and they're really, really great. :)

What about Amiga 500 emulation?

From what you said on previous posts and your avatar, I guessed that's an important selling point for you…

Since it's also important for me I would like to have your opinion
biggrin.gif

What about Amiga 500 emulation?

From what you said on previous posts and your avatar, I guessed that's an important selling point for you…

Since it's also important for me I would like to have your opinion
biggrin.gif

Heya. I'm working on a review for a new retro gaming site, so I will go into deeper details there, but so far I can say that Amiga emulation (classic OCS/ECS of course) is great. Really great actually. I have set the Pandy to run at 700MHz and vsync+50hz makes almost every game I've tried run really, really smooth. Smooth scrolling, responsive lag-free input and the sound is flawless. I have encountered a couple of games where there are bugs and/or jerky scrolling, but I guess that can be fixed as well by using a different core. I have experimented much with different cores and different games yet. Also, some Amiga games have jerky scrolling, it's just bad coding (*cough* bitmap brothers *cough*). The only thing UAE4ALL is missing is save states imho. I really hope that it will be worked on in the future, as it's an amazing emulator.

All in all, it's the _only_ handheld emulation device for me now. I believe I have tested every single one there is and nothing even comes close to the Pandora. :)

Edit: I almost forgot one very annoying bug with UAE4ALL; some times the games are starting to lag and I have to enter/exit the menu for it to stop. I have no idea what causes it though, but I really hope it will be fixed in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back